cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No CLI service - Caller Display active

FIXED
loadfactor

No CLI service - Caller Display active

We transferred our service to Plusnet from TalkTalk in July and since then, despite having Caller Display showing as active in the account, we have had no CLI service.

I have just called customer service about this. The agent seemed half asleep which probably means he had had a very busy morning but he confirmed that I had Caller Display showing active. When I explained that I had had no CLI service since the transfer(only just realised as the silly season for nuisance calls is now starting) he said he would switch off the service and get one of his colleagues to switch it back on tomorrow as he was off duty for the next two days.

What I had to do, he said, was to switch off my phone in the afternoon tomorrow and switch it back on again??? When I explained that I have phones that are  not connected to any power supply and that even my logging caller display device has no power supply apart from the power from the exchange he said I must have batteries in any phone so I must have a power supply. When I explained that this was not always the case he said he had never heard of this. The fact that switching off the power to a phone with batteries will still leave the phone active because the batteries have charge seemed to eluded him.

The whole process has not filled me with confidence that the problem will be fixed and might benefit from another look. Is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: No CLI service - Caller Display active

Fix

I can see the agent in question removed then re-added the feature to your line.

Has this made any difference? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
loadfactor

Thanks Matthew,

It started working this morning; and no re-booting/power switching required, I'm pleased to say.

Thanks for monitoring and replying to this.

Tom(loadfactor)

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it's working!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to @MatthewWheeler as per message #2.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still