Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare phone line installation

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Nightmare phone line installation

Hi Adam,
I'm sorry to hear that the phone line hasn't been installed yet. I can appreciate your frustration, however, we are completely reliant on our suppliers to carry out the required external work in order for your phone line to be installed. We do everything we can to chase this up as frequently as possible and when updates are due to be given by our suppliers.
The latest update from the escalation we have raised is that the contractors have had a delay due to the delivery of the cables required for them to carry out the cabling and jointing work. These cables are due to be delivered today.
We've been informed to check back after 24/06/2014 for further updates. We're sorry for the continued delay.
caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: adamcookeuk
So... we've been waiting over 2 months for a line to be installed and repeatedly been hitting brick walls with regards to getting any updates about what is actually happening.
We've tried escalating this through e-mail and on the phone but that has been unsuccessful so I'm hoping the DCT might be able to shed some more light or help in some way or another.
I've included a brief history of the order here for those who aren't from PN who might be interested in this total shambles of an operation:
25/03/14 - Order placed with Plus.net
26/03/14 - Told an engineer was due to activate the service on 2/4/14
02/04/14 - Nothing happened although I believe BT may have attended and not done anything
22/04/14 - Told there would be a delay. No other information at all.
28/04/14 - Suppliers advised that job was still with survey team and ticket was put on hold unilt 02/05/14
01/05/14 - Told other works needs to be completed. Put on hold until 15/05/14
06/05/14 - Told suppliers are still working on cabling work
15/05/14 - Told order has been sent to dedicated team. No information from suppliers.
16/05/14 - Job escalated to "queue manager of the line plant team". Told to expect updates on 19/05/14
21/05/14 - Told a job has been escalated further as the one from 16/05/14 had not been actioned. Assured of a response within 24 hrs.
22/05/14 - Told that suppliers had provided no update and to expect one "tomorrow latest"
23/05/14 - No communication from PN at all.
27/05/14 - No communication from PN at all.
28/05/14 - No communication so far from PN at all.

Well this post has cheered me up as it seems we might be at the start of something similar.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi caravanj,
I'm sorry to see that you've had delays in the installation of the service, after taking a look over your account it seems that our supplier is currently waiting for building work to be completed on the ducting that houses the cabling to provide the service so with any luck this should run smoothly.
The best course of action would be to keep an eye on the provisioning ticket which is currently sat with the delayed orders team, they'll be picking this up for you along the way and contacting the supplier direct to see how far along the process we are.
In the meantime, if you need anything more then please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us.
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for your prompt reply.
We've been visiting our house during its construction & I can confirm that the ducting has been in place for some time.
The site agent & the utilities contractor both state that everything's in place for Openreach to pull the cable through from the street junction box to the house since they'll have a long enough Cobra.
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi caravanj,
I've just had a word with Openreach and an engineer is assigned to attend the site within the next 24-48 working hours to assess what work has been completed and what will need to be done before they can commit to an installation date. Our Provisioning team will therefore review this again next week and come back to you with any further updates.
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Only just picked this one up.
Thanks for your reply,  the site's utilities contractor says that everything's in place for the cable to be pulled through from the underground junction box to the property & then connecting.
It just needs a longer Cobra than the one used by the contractor.
We're talking about a 10 minute job.
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Right, I've located the BT underground junction box which is in a neighbour's front garden 3 houses away so we're talking a cable run of less than 50 metres.
Hardly a valid reason for Openreach to need to do a routing survey or cause any other delay.
We find it infuriating that we can't contact Openreach ourselves to appraise them of the situation.
PLUSNET: Please note that there is NO work that needs to be done to the ducting from the BT junction box to our house & inform Openreach accordingly.
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Adam
Hi caravanj,
I'm sorry to see that you've had delays in the installation of the service, after taking a look over your account it seems that our supplier is currently waiting for building work to be completed on the ducting that houses the cabling to provide the service so with any luck this should run smoothly.
The best course of action would be to keep an eye on the provisioning ticket which is currently sat with the delayed orders team, they'll be picking this up for you along the way and contacting the supplier direct to see how far along the process we are.
In the meantime, if you need anything more then please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Please see my posts about the ducting which needs absolutely no work & is ready for the cable to be pulled through by Openreach.
Where would I find my provisioning ticket?