cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare phone line installation

adamcookeuk
Grafter

Nightmare phone line installation

So... we've been waiting over 2 months for a line to be installed and repeatedly been hitting brick walls with regards to getting any updates about what is actually happening.
We've tried escalating this through e-mail and on the phone but that has been unsuccessful so I'm hoping the DCT might be able to shed some more light or help in some way or another.
I've included a brief history of the order here for those who aren't from PN who might be interested in this total shambles of an operation:
25/03/14 - Order placed with Plus.net
26/03/14 - Told an engineer was due to activate the service on 2/4/14
02/04/14 - Nothing happened although I believe BT may have attended and not done anything
22/04/14 - Told there would be a delay. No other information at all.
28/04/14 - Suppliers advised that job was still with survey team and ticket was put on hold unilt 02/05/14
01/05/14 - Told other works needs to be completed. Put on hold until 15/05/14
06/05/14 - Told suppliers are still working on cabling work
15/05/14 - Told order has been sent to dedicated team. No information from suppliers.
16/05/14 - Job escalated to "queue manager of the line plant team". Told to expect updates on 19/05/14
21/05/14 - Told a job has been escalated further as the one from 16/05/14 had not been actioned. Assured of a response within 24 hrs.
22/05/14 - Told that suppliers had provided no update and to expect one "tomorrow latest"
23/05/14 - No communication from PN at all.
27/05/14 - No communication from PN at all.
28/05/14 - No communication so far from PN at all.
22 REPLIES 22
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Nightmare phone line installation

Hi Adam,
Some of the timeline you've posted I can't see on your account, can you confirm your username with me by sending it as a private message so I can make sure I'm on the right account and chase this up?
adamcookeuk
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Sorry - forgot to mention the account. It's not the same account as my forum one - this one is under the username 'martincooke'.
Many thanks,
Adam
adamcookeuk
Grafter

Just had a call from James (after a call initiated by me) who has contacted OR who say it should be completed in the next 48 hours. After which an engineer will need to be booked to come and finish it off (I assume install a master socket). Time will tell whether this yields any results.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Thank you for that Adam, I can see James has updated the account, I'll also be chasing this up with Patrick who has been sealing with this and will keep you up to date on this.
adamcookeuk
Grafter

We bumped into the BT engineer (or rather a sub-contractor) on site yesterday and the good news is that they have managed to to do something. Unfortunately, a different “jointing" team is required to connect the cable and liven it up but the engineer wasn’t able to advise on timing. Is there any chance someone can follow this up with BT for me and see when this work is likely to take place?
I'd phone but I can't bare to listen to your awfully loud and obnoxious on hold music for over 15 minutes!
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Adam,
We've now raised this to be chased for a manual update, you should receive confirmation of this on your support ticket before 9pm tonight to outline when the work is due to be carried out.
adamcookeuk
Grafter

Things seem to have moved on a little and all the "plant" work is now completed and BT just need to send an engineer over.  Despite me needing to keep on top of the support team throughout the process to ensure they followed up with Openreach and get back me when they promised.
Could someone check that the appointment for Monday PM is confirmed with BT properly and that someone is going to turn up?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm chasing this with Patrick now and will aim to get the ticket updated ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamcookeuk
Grafter

We were finally able to have an engineer come to finish things off but he arrived to find more jointing needed to take place and was unable to do anything.
Patrick was meant to call Openreach as soon as he got into the office today to follow up and I was expecting a call shortly afterwards. I haven't had one yet so please can someone go and ask him to do this and call me?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, Patrick doesn't appear to be in the office today.
I've dropped him an email asking to pick this up again ASAP.
I'd offer to pick things up myself but I honestly doubt I can find the time today.
However, I'm happy to dive into this tomorrow if things haven't progressed by then.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamcookeuk
Grafter

I was assured last night that Patrick would be looking into this today. Surely someone is around to get in touch with Openreach today and progress this sooner?
If you saw the ticket history for this, I'm sure you will be able to understand my frustration. My original frustration was mostly transferred to Openreach but the continued failure of PN staff to act of their own accord and follow through with promises is wearing very thin!
Superman911
Grafter

Sounds very very very familiar to myself!
jim:quote
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi adamcookeuk,
I'm very sorry that you weren't updated when you were promised an update. Adam emailed the advisor in question and my only assumption is that he was ill yesterday and therefore not in the office.
I can see that a member of our Supplier team spoke to you this morning and that they were informed that an engineer is due to attend your local exchange within the next 24 hours and check the line plant.
adamcookeuk
Grafter

Just to keep this updated. NOTHING (other than dates being given for action and than nothing happening) has happened in the last 8 days since the last update.