cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly provisioned - question about 1571 and PIN

GeekFriday

Newly provisioned - question about 1571 and PIN

Hi
I've just transferred in to PlusNet for phone and fibre broadband.
I chose not to have 1571 voicemail service, but it still appears as a service on my account summary. I assume that's just boilerplate text, as I cannot connect to the service by dialling 1571 on my home 'phone, as I could before leaving my BT retail service. It would be good to have the list of services in my account summary accurately reflect what I ordered though, particularly as some services (e.g.1571) carry a cost.
More importantly, any caller waiting long enough when ringing me is prompted for a PIN. I'd like to know what service that PIN is connected with (it seems it should not connect to a voicemail box but if not that, then what?), whether there is a default value, and how the PIN can be changed.
Thanks,
Richard
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Newly provisioned - question about 1571 and PIN

Richard,
Thanks again for your time on the phone, pleasure speaking with you!
As mentioned there was no voicemail product set up on your line at all so it sounds like your phone system was causing this.
FYI when I called the familiar "Gigaset" pre-programmed voicemail message was there and it didn't prompt me for a PIN.
Hope that helps and do stick around on Community! Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
GeekFriday

Spot on, Adam. The fact that you know someone with the same phones certainly helped!
Very impressed at getting a call to check out the issue within the hour, as it was (initially) a security concern. I've now wrestled the phone system into submission and changed its PIN code, as well as the behaviour when calls connect.
Thanks for an excellent support experience!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries at all and thanks a lot for the reply!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team