cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie question Home phone

ianp

Newbie question Home phone

Just signed up for Home Phone Evenings & Weekends, and recieved the confirmation email.
What is the credit balance that appears? Is this some sort of limit on the free calls?
Sorry if this is a stupid question but not spotted a answer to this
8 REPLIES 8
ianp

Re: Newbie question Home phone

Ok Thanks for that
Bit weird they have a limit - thought they would want you to spend as much as possible  Roll_eyes
prichardson
Grafter

This you can still do.
It's a means of protection, to allow you to ensure your not spending too much on accident.
You can at any time apply credit to your account to pay off any value used against this credit limit.
So yes, go for you life, give us money Cheesy
Not applicable

Don't forget that if it helps with budgeting, you can add credit.  I have Homephone Anytime and do this to cover the 08 and mobile numbers. 
pcoventry76
Grafter

08 numbers arent free? what about jumping over to BT on 0800 - but i'm not sure if PN would still charge you for those or if they would be free
James
Grafter

Pete,
We do not charge for calls to 0800 numbers.  As with BT, there are associated charges with calling 0870, 0845 and so on.
pcoventry76
Grafter

James,
Doh! (Me) i assumed we meant 0800 and i never thought for one second that poppy meant NGN's
I blame lack of sleep, er honestly 😄
Not applicable

Sorry - yes, I meant 0845 and 0870 numbers, although I try my best to avoid these by using saynoto0870.
pcoventry76
Grafter

yes that's a good site.