cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie phone line question

trevorjohnwrigh
Hooked

Newbie phone line question

I switched to Plusnet for fibre about a fortnight ago and this included switching my phone line from BT.  My BT web account still shows my BT phone account as active and lists the phone services which I am apparently using.  Shouldn't Plusnet have shut this down when they switched my line?  I should presumably have no relationship with BT at all?  Should I contact BT?  Many thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Newbie phone line question

have you had confirmation from PN that both your fibre and phone have migrated successfully?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
trevorjohnwrigh
Hooked

Yes I have

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Shouldn't Plusnet have shut this down when they switched my line?

I'm afraid we can't influence other providers systems, it's up to them to close the account down now that your services have transferred to us.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
trevorjohnwrigh
Hooked

@Chris wrote:

I'm afraid we can't influence other providers systems, it's up to them to close the account down now that your services have transferred to us.

Yes, of course I realise that.  What i meant was, did Plusnet inform BT or was I supposed to?  In fact I have now spoken to BT who appear to have been properly informed but to have got confused by my having two phone lines here.  One house with two phone lines obviously a big logistical challenge for BT.  In fact BT have been hopeless throughout.  For the best part of a week I had no internet because BT hadn't bothered to connect me up in the cabinet.  Plusnet on the other hand (so far, honeymoon etc) have been very professional.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Ah sorry, BT should get automatically informed by the KCI notifications sent from BTWholesale/Openreach. Sounds like they've acknowledged the issue and this should get sorted for you now.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29