Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New rates from September for some telcos

Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

New rates from September for some telcos

I'm still awaiting migrating to PN Home phone in about a weeks time, but I got a call from my present provider Onetel / Talk Talk - and they are just about to change their rates - and guess what include free evening calls to 01/02/03 numbers as well as evenings - for £10.49, and as current customer not make it a 12 month contract.
So time to think - reconsider ! ! ?.

I browsed around the net and found also that BT and Post Office have amended rates from now - or in a few days.
So what are Plus.net doing ?
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: New rates from September for some telcos

We're not planning any immediate changes.
We're looking at doing a Home Phone refresh later on in the year, but I don't have any specifics on that yet.
Not applicable

Mal - maybe I am not reading this correctly, but line rental and free evening/weekend calls for £10.49 is a little more than Plusnet's Evening and Weekend package which is £9.99 for the same.
However, the whole TT broadband and telephone package is still a good price.
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Indeed it is 50p different - but without a 12 month contract - only monthly as an existing customer.
and the devil is in the detail - costs for non inclusive calls - call set-up charges.
Hence my question if any new PN rates available yet
Not applicable

AFAIK the Plusnet telephone packages don't have a 12 month contract, or at least they didn't when I changed to Anytime nearly 2 years ago. The charges that PN make for non-inclusive calls seem to me to be OK, although the new Essential package incurs  slightly higher call costs.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I notice that Post Office includes free call-barring in their package but caller Display costs more than PN.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

With Essential you're getting our cheapest ever broadband and phone package. You don't get any freebies that you don't need, you just get good value for money. You'll get just one online bill for Essential and it comes with a 12 month contract.

that only applies to Essentials
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I would hope that PN aren't going to change their rates and in any event wouldn't just do so because BT had. Otherwsie as OneTel/TalkTalk and others have just mirrored BT, things would definitely start to stink of "Cartel" (and there's a pun there as well!)