Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone

john50
Grafter

New phone

Okay todays daft questions   Embarrassed
I've recently joined Plusnet but my phonelines not been ported yet, however the help assitant question which Plusnet raised  34061179 seems to be bounceing between the provisioning team and support and back, is that just because they haven't as yet sorted a date and is it normal ?
Daft question no 2,   Should I be able to access the new plusnet  email    address? as when I try it just comes back saying dropped by imap server.
10 REPLIES 10
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New phone

Your ticket is sat with the provisioning team at the moment, as it takes a little while to get authority from your old provider to take your number over to the BT Wholesale network. Once that's received, we place the order to transfer your telephone service over. This was done on the 6th, we're now waiting to place the broadband order. It's not being bounced around, it's just being placed on hold, then being returned to the Provisioning Team.
There was an issue with your mailbox - it's not fully created until an email is sent to it. I've done this, and tested it working OK.
john50
Grafter

Thanks Ben,
I  received a letter fromTT this morning (well actually it was 2 identical letters) saying the transfer to the new supplier will take place on or around the 23rd July, I must admit I don't like the "or around" bit, it gives the imppresion I might be left without anything for a day or two.
BTW email recieved ok.
Thanks
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The transfer of a working line takes around 14 days but the exact timescale is never set in stone. You won't be left without service, unless your previous provider decides to place restrictions there.
john50
Grafter

Ben
Sorry theres still an issue with my new mailbox.
When mail is sent from it, the address it shows to the recipient  is <username>@<username>.plus.com however any mail sent to this address bounces, it will not receive to this address it will only receive to john@ <username>.plus.com this is the address I set up on joining...hopefully you'll get what I mean  Smiley
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  username removed ]
Thanks Oldjim long day brain in reverse  Embarrassed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I hope that is not your actual e-mail, this is a very open forum
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Webmail is created with a 'from' address, but this is not updated when you change the default mailbox name. You can access this from Options > Personal Information. I've updated this for you now, it will work from the next time you log into Webmail.
john50
Grafter

thanks Ben
to complicated for me
john50
Grafter

Perhaps not the best of starts....
Made a couple of calls to support as my account has been showing delayed and had also had a letter from TT saying the switch would be on or about the 23rd.
I was advised on one of the calls I would probably receive another letter from TT telling me about the delay ..
Anyway the wife rang me yesterday said the phones were dead I rang Plusnet was told as far as she could see the account was still delayed!
My phones came on I asked the wife to check the Broadband......nothing , I rang my home phone ....a new answerphone message, finally confirmed last night that Plusnet had got the line.
No warning from from plusnet whatsoever  Sad  (I appreciate there is apparently a supplier issue)
Whilst the phone isn't particularly a problem I could have done with  a bit of warning  for the B/B
Connecting via my sons dongle at the moment its nearly as quick as dial up  Smiley
Please don't be late sending my nice shiny new router Wink
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about that, I've sent your router out today.
We don't have a confirmed date for transferring your service, after you spoke to one of my colleagues she has asked the provisioning team to chase this up for you. If you've been cut off then this is down to one of two things:
1. Your order has not yet completed but TalkTalk have placed restrictions on your service
2. Your order has completed but we've not activated your account
I don't want to activate your account early as this will start your billing early, but it is an option.
john50
Grafter

Cheers Ben
Nothing surprises me with Talk Talk anymore!