cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone not installed and delayed 2 weeks

BRABUS
Grafter

New phone not installed and delayed 2 weeks

ok folks My folks have moved into a brand new house today.  Plus Net arranged for the install of a new line back in April.  BT were meant to turn up between 13:00 - 18:00 today.  I rang up to chase a little while ago and have had a brief voicemail message (mobile phone reception is very sketchy at their new house) back saying that BT can't do it today then need to do a survey??  They said it will be almost 2 weeks before they even come out to survey let alone install.
Almost every house next to my parents has been fitted with a phone line over the last week but not my parents.
Is this normal?  What the hell is going on?  My dad needs a working landline for medical reasons.
29 REPLIES 29
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: New phone not installed and delayed 2 weeks

A bit more of an update from the ever helpful PN staff.  It seems that on 5/6/2015 @ 15:56 BT open reach changed the order saying that they need ducting work and they haven't even bothered to inform PN nor my parents.
The stupid thing is that the ducting work is all in place and so is the cable to the property and this just needs joining to the phone cabling coming out of the property.
What a shocking result, my parents can't move into this house now until they get a landline in case they or urgently need the doctor or ambulance for my elderly and quite badly disabled dad as the mobile phone network is so sketchy.
this means that I either have to squeeze them into my house or pay to put them in a hotel.  My house isn't suitable as its a 3 storey one with no stair lifts or anything etc.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

The stupid thing is that the ducting work is all in place
Ah!, but if the Openreach system says it isn't then it isn't!  Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BRABUS
Grafter

Bloody idiots  Grin
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear about the issues your parents are having.
If you can PM me their username or a ticket number I'll see what we can do.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
BRABUS
Grafter

Thanks Matthew, you have a PM.
Just for other people's benefit.
It just gets worse, the PN staff member told me on Friday that I would have a response in 24 hours.  i said so 17:40 tomorrow and he agreed.  I have rung up this evening to be told that he should have said 24/48 working hours.  How can staff get such basic info wrong.
I now have my dad living with me as PN won't pay any hotel costs for him.  He is 70 years old, severely disabled, twice my size and I am having to try and get him up and down the stairs in a 3 storey house.
One or both of us is going to end up falling down the stairs and breaking our necks. 

let's hope Matthew can sort out this sorry mess.
BRABUS
Grafter

Just been doing a bit more digging and the PN individual from last night only managed to give me a ticket number that was closed on 28th April.  How he managed that, Well your guess is as good as mine???
BRABUS
Grafter

Just had a text message to say that our ticket is on hold now until 9th July.
This is simply rubbish.  My parents are paying for line rental and broadband each month even though they don't have it and wont even get looked at again by PN now for at least another 10 days.
BRABUS
Grafter

Proof that Plus net Staff do NOT read what you ask.  Below is a reply I put into the ticket and then following that is the reply from K******* G**** of Plus Net
My Question
"Your Response
2:44pm, Monday 29 Jun 2015
Your responses are out of chronological order. My comment that shows as 13:46 29th June 2015 was actually entered in here before I spoke to Ben on the phone. No wonder everything si so disjointed and we are getting differing information.
Ben also advised that he is passing this to the installations team to look into it as I asked for 2 main questions to be answered (see below). He said this would be 24/48 hours. I explained that this clock should have started ticking when I called in on Friday so I would expect a comprehensive answer by close of play on Tuesday 30th June 2015.
1) why were we not told that Openreach cancelled this install on 5th June @15:58 and didn't tell us.
2) why are they saying underground work needs to be done. The line is already run to the house in trunking just the same as all of their neighbour's houses yet they have been connected over the last few days?
I look forward to the update."
Plusnet Reply
"K******* G**** - CSC Analyst
10:11am, Tuesday 30 Jun 2015
Dear Mrs *****,
Thanks for getting in touch.
As mentioned in our previous messages, the appointment did not take place on the 5th as there is still external work which needs to be done before our suppliers can connect your property. Please accept my apologies that you were not advised at the time.
The work we are waiting on is due to be completed on 08/07 and we are expecting an update on 09/07. Unfortunately we cannot take into account your neighbour's properties as the requirements for each individual property is entirely different. We will check back on the 9th to give you a further update.
Thanks for your patience.
Kind regards,
K******* G****

[Sms Message: We have replied to your ticket, you can view this at http://contactus.plus.net. Alternatively you can call us on 03451400200 for an update.]"
BRABUS
Grafter

What might give you all a bit of background, the appointment was meant to take place on 26th June yet BTOpenreach apparently cancelled this on 5th June.  I only found this out when I rang Plus Net on the afternoon of 26th when BT Openreach hadn't turned up.  That was a waste of a day unpaid off work. 
K******* G**** clearly hasn't read the case notes or he/she would have realised this and then may have attempted to answer the question that I actually asked.  It just smacks off a stock answer to fob the customer off.
Come on Plus Net pull your finger out.
BRABUS
Grafter

The saga continues.
Last night I rang PN and asked them to log a series of question with their supplier team, pretty much what they hadn't answered so far.  We went to great lengths to ensure they had my mobile number so they could call me.  Well it seems they attempted to call me at 11:50 today.  It is very odd that my phone didn't ring, shows no missed calls and there is no voice mail.  More oddly is that me received calls list with my mobile provider show no such calls ( I work for the firm doing their IT).
The replies to my questions are generic stock waffle and there isn't even the remotest hint of an apology anywhere in what I would term "stock rubbish" that J**** R***** posted to our ticket.
I have just rung to speak to someone in this team, what a shock, they cant find anyone and will raise yet another ticket for them to call me.  So I politely asked N***** on the hone to speak to a team leader.  I am told that they are all in a meeting and will call me back.  From what I read on this forum and my own experience, TL's and escalation routes are ALWAYS in a meeting when you ask to speak to them.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'd suggest contacting BT retail and asking if they do priority installations for vulnerable people.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
BRABUS
Grafter

An update.  N***** was true to his work and a manager/supervisor called back.  This was N*** F***** and he basically thinks that J**** R***** didn't want to make an awkward call so didn't.  N*** F***** will deal with this separately but for now he tried to contact BT Openreach who would not believe that the rest of the streets phones are done (including the BT Openreach staff memebers house).  They also didn't seem to grasp what N*** F**** realized that they have a duty of care to a vulnerable person.  BT Openreach have basically told him that he will have to await a call back.

So proof that BT Openreach don't care about customers, be they you and I in our houses or their direct customers such as Plus Net.  N*** F***** has committed to ring me at least twice a day with updates until this is resolved so we are at last seeming to get somewhere.

P.S. we are not holding our breath.
BRABUS
Grafter

I am so glad we didn't hold our breath.  N*** F***** failed to call today at all.
I rang up to chSe and was yet another date for BT Openreach.  I asked the agent to escalate this as I no longer believe these dates.  A  manager called R**** called me back and couldn't find the date that the agent had claimed.  He said he couldn't chase today as he was leaving in 15 minutes, I suggested that I must be the most unlucky person to call plus net as. No one ever calls back and even when you escalate things, those taking on the escalation fail to call.  He told me that he has passed it to D** B***** who will call back before 21:00.  Breath is not being held again LOL.
I have been adding my own notes to the tickets as everyone is missing out the detail of what is going on.

What a shower of [pick your owns words]
Let's see
BRABUS
Grafter

What a joke, I was promised a call by 9pm tonight by D** B***** as he has taken over the escalation of this issue.  nobody will shocked to hear that D** B***** did not call.  Now when I try and call Plus Net I basically get cut off because they are closed.
You are a shocking, shocking company.