cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone line not working

EdwardLeyland

New phone line not working

I had the text to say that the phone service is now ready to use but the phone was just dead when I plugged it in? Is there some magic trickery I should be doing or perhaps the text was a fib? Would it be possible to run some sort of test?
Tried calling a few times last night but didn't fancy sitting on my mobile for an hour (although this might have been more enjoyable than the mind numbing TV my girlfriend made me watch)
Incidentally how do you know who I am, do I need to let you know my call sign or something?
Ta
Ed
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New phone line not working

Hi there,
Both the orders for phone and broadband have completed today so this looks like a fault I'm afraid.
Tests aren't showing any obvious issues, that means if we report this with our suppliers we'd need to arrange an appointment. Can you let us know 3 preferred dates and times slots for this please and I'll get that sorted (over the next week). The timeslots for such visits are either AM which is 08:00 to 13:00 or PM, 13:00 to 18:00. Just to mention too if you have a spare telephone please try connecting that to the master socket with everything unplugged first just so we can rule out your equipment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
EdwardLeyland

Cheers, hopefully the new neighbours wont think I'm too odd if I ask to borrow their phone for a few mins and promise not to make any calls on it. Will let you know how it goes and then come back to you weather AM or PM works best.
Ta
Ed
EdwardLeyland

So I have tried our neighbours expensive looking executive phone and it didn't work either so I can confirm that out cheap plastic burger phone is not the cause of the problem, which is good news.
The bad news is that my phone and internet still aren't working so my girlfriend isn't getting her usual fix of pictures of dogs in fancy dress, animals with humans smiles and other such essential internet searches. If you could please let me know when the next available slot is to get somebody in to fix it I would be very happy, as she hasn't been able to raise a smile yet this year.
Cheers
Ed
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: EdwardLeyland
so my girlfriend isn't getting her usual fix of pictures of dogs in fancy dress, animals with humans smiles and other such essential internet searches

Does she read your posts on here? If she does you are in trouble!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
EdwardLeyland

I think it's best to get these things out in the open...
gagaLeilandi

Baby cakes,
How could you?  You know how I like to keep my browsing habits and chinese cats secret.
I'm chucking the new cushions in the bin as soon as you get them home you nasty man!
gaga x
EdwardLeyland

In all seriousness I do need somebody to come out and fix the line as I am paying for a service that doesn't work...  the 60+ min wait time on your help line is pretty indecent so please revert with the next available slot for the call out asap.
Ta
Ed
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@EdwardLeyland
Unfortunately, we can't. I'll pop a ticket on your account explaining why.
EdwardLeyland

So it's been a week and I don't seem to have got anywhere...
I was sent an email saying "We can't raise a fault because there's an open cease on your line from BT. If you'd like us to look into the fault, please ask BT to cancel the takeover and then raise a ticket." I have no idea what this is or why BT would be mounting a takeover, but after about 20 calls (I kept getting cut off by the automated voice as I wasn't a BT customer, this also made it very hard to complain when it did speak to somebody and I think I deserved a medal for my calmness) I did manage to speak to somebody and they stopped the stop on my account.
Sounds great... but the line is still dead and I've been emailing your man back to try and move this little debacle on to the next stage, which by the looks of things involves me 'raising a ticket' of some sort. But after four unanswered messages I'm starting to feel a little unloved (even my girlfriend gets back to me before four messages when she is very angry with me).
Please save our relationship
Ed
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: EdwardLeyland
I've been emailing your man back

If you are replying to an email about an open ticket it's going in to a black hole and no-one will read it. You need to reply to the ticket on the website: http://contactus.plus.net/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi EdwardLeyland,
Just had a look and the cease is still showing on the line as committed as far as our systems can tell. We can raise a fault and book an engineer but in all likelihood it'll be cancelled due to the cease.
We have the option to cancel that if you wish, but would need a comment on the ticket specifically requesting that from you if that's okay? Drop us a line when you've done that (if you wish to) and we'll get it cancelled and the fault raised.