cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone line and voice mail can't be turned off?

BRABUS
Grafter

New phone line and voice mail can't be turned off?

My inlaws have just had their phone moved to Plus Net.  I have checked their settings and they have voice mail selected by default which they don't want..
Two things here.

• I thought voicemail was not selected by default and had to be requested?

• How the hell do they disable it because I have looked for them and even I can't get it to turn off?

Cheers
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New phone line and voice mail can't be turned off?

assuming the link works un check voice mail here https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_add_call_features
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you go to the Call Features tab under Phone Calls (which is where the link Oldjim provided goes) the default page is "Add call features". Under the tabs there is a "Remove call features" link which changes the display to list current features with tick boxes for removing them. Tick as appropriate and click the remove features button on the right.
David
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

The only feature enabled on the line at the moment is caller display. The link Oldjim has provided should take you to where you can add/remove call features.
If for any reason it doesn't please let me know.
dsimpkin

I'd love to know how you got this to work. 
I've been trying to get voicemail de-activated for months with no success.  I originally deselected by the call features webpage but this has been stuck at 'Awaiting Removal' for months.  Also Plusnet close the query after 14 days  as default so no progress made.
I need this removed because of hassle from sales calls that go to answer phone, then I can't ring out till I listen to these.  Not a massive user of landline but having to listen to these 'missed calls' before I can call out is frustrating.  I can circumvent by setting my answer machine to cut in before voicemail kick in,  after a few rings, but this doesn't always work either.
Anyone any ideas?
Thanks
James
Grafter

Hiya,
If you raise a ticket we can just remove voicemail manually for you if that works?
dsimpkin

How do I raise a ticket?
Thanks
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Click Contact Us at the top of the Member Centre page, then click the red "ask us a question" button.
Click Telephone Services in the Customer Services list.
Then click Add or Remove Call Features - which takes you to where you've probably been before. If you haven't tried this before click "Remove call features" under the page heading, tick the appropriate check box then the "remove features" button on the right.
If you have tried that but it didn't work - just close that tab/window and you should return to the Help Assistant. Click Ask the Support Team your question, fill in and submit the form.
The process sounds complicated but it tries to provide guided self-help.
David