Did you mean: 

New phone line & number = immediate nuisance calls

FIXED
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: New phone line & number = immediate nuisance calls

Hi @Townman 

So are you implying that the software provided by BT tp PN (Call Protect) is being overridden by BT to deliver Unavailable Caller ID calls.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I’m not saying anything of the sort. BT does not ‘provide’ software ‘to’ PN as you suggest, rather such is part of the BT infrastructure.

BT has not yet delivered compliance with a number of Ofcom requirements, like for example GC6 which requires the displayed CLI to be a valid dial able number ... or not route the call. It matters not where the call comes from the obligation is on the termination communication provider.

Back to the original post, I suspect that the block with held number service does exactly that, whereas the call protect option simply routed them to the call protect spam answering service.

Whatever, it is what BT provides, no better but no worst than that available to any other telephone reseller.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mort7890
Pro

Hi @Townman 

Apologies as I was always under the impression that, according to previous posts about the Plusnet Call Protect, PN were using a slimmed down version of the BT Call Protect package being part of the BT group.

Going back to my query the Divert/Block numbers when switched on work for the Withheld Numbers, work for the International Numbers but do not work for the Unrecognised (known as Unavailable on 1471). The latter are the ones coming through and on checking 1471 the response is (you were called today at (time) we do not have the callers number). Therfore I should not have received that call it should have been diverted/blocked as detailed in the call protect table.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

It would be fair to say that the PN Call Protect does not have the web interface as I believe is offered by BT Retail, however the underlaying BT Openreach service is the same.  It is the latter which is responsible for call termination (delivery) services.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mort7890
Pro

So if call protect can block International and withheld but allow Unavailable to pass through which to me should also work what is the difference between Annonymous call reject (Bar incoming calls from people who withold their number) and call protect apart from it costing an extra £4 per month.