cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone (3)

mulberrybush

New phone (3)

I am trying to get plus net to take over the phone and supply broadband at my new address. It is proving very irritating and not like the good service I was used to some years ago when I was with Plunet.
Yesterday I even had a message saying my order had been cancelled! By whom and why I have no idea.
As I am moving tomorrow and will lose the connection here any urgent help would be appreciated. I dread the thought of being without a phone or broadband at my new address. Why is it so difficult to become a customer?
8 REPLIES 8
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New phone (3)

Let me take a look...
Edit: I'm not sure why our suppliers cancelled the order but I've placed it manually and our Provisioning Team will request an expedite if our suppliers cancelled it by mistake. However, you say this is your new address, but gave us the telephone number of a working line, do you already have telephone service at this address?
mulberrybush

Hi Ben,
I technically take possession of the property on 30th July, although for practical reasons will not be moving in till 3rd August. I understand that the outgoing people have given notice to BT that they are leaving on 30th and I am happy to take on the line from then to ensure continuity. At the moments I have not asked anyone but you to take on the line as I do not want to get tied up with another 12 month contract with BT. Does that answer your query?
Julie
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This isn't the normal process but assuming the outgoing occupants don't cancel their telephone service then there shouldn't be any problems.
However, if they do (or already have done - that might be why our broadband order way cancelled) then it will put in further delays as we will have to re-start the telephone line first (~3 working days) then place the broadband order (~5-7 working days)
Please let us know the old occupant's intentions so we can ensure any delays are minimised.
mulberrybush

As I.said, the outgoing occupants (who didnt live there anyway - it was a holiday cottage) have told bt they are cancelling their contract on 30th July . I don't know how much more I can tell you. I am not in direct contact with the vendors, I have found out that this much from bt when I made an original enquiry with them.
mulberrybush

Hi again Ben, I have just been told via solicitors that the property is now empty and we "have possession".  If necessary please can you order a new line asap? We would have liked to take on the existing number though?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That'll be why the broadband order was cancelled then. We'll need to check the line after the 30th (i.e. Monday), start the telephone then place the broadband order as I detailed before.
Edit: On second thoughts, we'll monitor the broadband order and see if it goes through or not. If so, great, we'll then bring in the phone. If it gets cancelled again we'll start the telephone service first then do the broadband. I've put notes on your account and the Provisioning Team will keep in touch.
mulberrybush

Thanks Ben, I will be losing this connection tomorrow so may not be able to post anymore. Can someone keep me in touch via the mobile please?
Cheers, Julie
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've made it your primary contact number Smiley