cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New number on transfer?

katie
Grafter

New number on transfer?

Hi - I'm moving from Plusnet Unlimited to Plusnet Extra Fibre. I read in the FAQ's that a number change may be necessary. Is it possible to request that as I'm also getting loads of calls each day offering to fix my Pc, laptop, security, get me some compensation etc.etc. I am already on the TPS & have been for years but still they keep calling. It's got to the point where we really don't want to answer the phone. If it is possible to request a new number, how would I do that and would my payment for Line Rental Saver be OK for a new number.
Thank You
Katie
10 REPLIES 10
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: New number on transfer?

is your phone already with PN or are you transferring it in from another provider?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
katie
Grafter

I am already with Plusnet.
Katie
dvorak

I don't think you'll lose your number, I believe that only happens on transfer from another provider. I couldn't see it in the fibre FAQ's either - could you provide a link to it?
Customer / Moderator
katie
Grafter

Thanks for the reply - I thought it was too easy to change numbers Smiley The place I saw it was from this page http://www.plus.net/fibre-broadband/?source=subBox - in the box 'fibre package FAQ's' - Can I keep my own number?
It reads
3. Can I keep my own phone number?
Whenever possible we'll try and keep your current phone number. However, in some cases we can't transfer numbers. If you can't keep your number we'll let you know before you switch to us.
It's probably info for new customers.
Katie
dvorak

That page has all the FAQ's for all PN products not just fibre. As you say it's for new customers transferring their phone line in.
Customer / Moderator
katie
Grafter

OK - Thank You.
Katie
The_10th
Grafter

Quote from: katie
... Is it possible to request that as I'm also getting loads of calls each day offering to fix my Pc, laptop, security, get me some compensation etc.etc. I am already on the TPS & have been for years but still they keep calling. It's got to the point where we really don't want to answer the phone. If it is possible to request a new number, how would I do that and would my payment for Line Rental Saver be OK for a new number.
Thank You
Katie

Did you have this number with another provider before Plusnet and did you have nuisance calls then? There are a few posts here about nuissance calls...
Found the following regarding nuisance calls and changing number: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,101453.msg866582.html#msg866582
katie
Grafter

I was with BT for my calls when I moved into this house and got the number I'm using now. Thanks for the link.
Katie
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@katie
Do let me know if you want to look at going through our nuisance calls process and I'll help you through that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
katie
Grafter

OK Adam Thanks. At the moment, I just hang up as soon as it's no-one I know. I'll get back here if it gets worse.
Katie