Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line installed

a1m2x5
Dabbler

New line installed

Hello,
I ordered fibre on Monday, a BT engineer came round today and installed a new line and its active now, he just installed the standard faceplate and didn't bring a fibre modem, my appointment date says 18th December, was he just to install the line and another engineer will come on the 18th to fit a new faceplate and bring the modem? because it says 'Once your phone service has been installed, your broadband will be activated.'
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
davidwalker900
Grafter

Re: New line installed

they will bring the modem with them on the 18th and the new faceplate
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, the engineer will bring the modem with him when he comes to install the broadband, however it looks from the tickets on your account like there's been a delay with the order I'm afraid - our provisioning team have this in hand though and will update you as soon as they have any more information. This is detailed on ticket number 77702236 with the information we have so far.
a1m2x5
Dabbler

ok thanks, if I make calls now who bills me?
ok its on plusnet now because im getting Sorry, you cannot call that number from this line on 150
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

From your opening post it seems you are paying line rental to Plusnet so if you use the line to make calls Plusnet will charge for the calls as set out in the tariff guide.
If you go to the Phone Calls control panel and click the view button you should see an account summary panel showing your credit limit and the remaining amount. Other parts of the page and the tabs give additional information about your service.
David
a1m2x5
Dabbler

I get this message:
Our records indicate that your telephone number may already be in use for Home Phone. This is a possible inconsistency with our records. If you wish to add Home Phone to your service please raise a question to our support centre and we will be happy to progress this for you.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Unsure what that implies. I suggest calling support to check or wait for a Digital Care Team reply when they are back on Monday.
If I click on the Phone Calls link in the Member Centre (highlighted in the attached image) I get what the image shows.
David
a1m2x5
Dabbler

When BT came they said they are installing a line for plusnet but support say 'The number you have given us on your ticket is either not on the BT network or is being supplied by a cable company (i.e. Virgin)' Huh
a1m2x5
Dabbler

If I put my number in to the bt broadband availability checker should it say There is no data available for this number.
Edit: OK its getting sorted now, my number is now excepted in the checker but its showing this: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput?TelNo=01494473709 it wont effect my Fibre order will it? this is another line in the building http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput?TelNo=01494440603 same cabinet.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

You might want to edit those graphics to hide the telephone numbers...
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

And to url links in the post!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.