Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line installation

dangermouse1983
Grafter

New line installation

hi guys
i oder a new phone line on the 13-4-2010
i was told i will get a call Tuesday or Wednesday to sort out a install date ?
but still have not had a call
can anyone help ?
thanks
33 REPLIES 33
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New line installation

HI there,
I can see the order is placed but we're waiting on approval from our suppliers and unfortunately they have a backlog at the moment. As soon as we get approval and therefore a date for activation we'll let you know, I'm sorry for the delay.
badwolf
Grafter

I placed my order on the 5th for a simultaneous new PSTN/ADSL provide and my "engineer date" is the 23rd Sad That's almost 3 weeks. Not that I am one for cynicism but I do wonder how much quicker the process would be for a BT retail line install Wink
if you "show all" on your tickets/questions that usually goes into some detail - for some reason the interesting bits don't get emailed.
Hope it's a bit quicker for you..
dangermouse1983
Grafter

Quote from: badwolf
I placed my order on the 5th for a simultaneous new PSTN/ADSL provide and my "engineer date" is the 23rd Sad That's almost 3 weeks. Not that I am one for cynicism but I do wonder how much quicker the process would be for a BT retail line install Wink
if you "show all" on your tickets/questions that usually goes into some detail - for some reason the interesting bits don't get emailed.
Hope it's a bit quicker for you..

well just had a look at the bt site
"If a completely new line needs to be installed then it will usually take up to 15 "
at least you got a install date  Wink - i dont no even how long this backlog is?
have to say this is not very good first impressions
dangermouse1983
Grafter

hi
just got a e-mail in from support

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
I’m sorry to tell you that there's a hold-up with your Home Phone order.
A delay of between 7-10 days is usual before a new Home Phone order becomes active. Unfortunately due to a backlog with our suppliers there will be a further delay of about five working days.
We're sorry for this and hope it hasn't caused too much inconvenience.

so does this mean i have to wait 15 days before i can sort out a install date? and by the sounds of it that will a another 3 weeks!

matt_2k34
Grafter

but I do wonder how much quicker the process would be for a BT retail line install

None, BT cannot discriminate against or give priority to ANY ISP, including its own. This is why the "BT Group" is a GROUP, it is not one company (anymore)
indeed, from me reading that too - you have to wait 7~10 days + the backlog delay (up to 5 days, hopefully less) - will depend on your location in the country too Smiley
Unfortunately its down to a BT engineer - and out of PNs hands  Undecided
badwolf
Grafter

I've just had that email too even though I have a confirmed install date with BT - Wouldnt worry too much.. think it's just a general email to cover themselves.
dangermouse1983
Grafter

ok got call today informing  me about the install date on 26/4  Smiley
however got a e-mail of plusnet saying my phone service is ready?
Dear Mr xxxxx,
Account username: xxxxxxxxxx
Your new Plusnet Home Phone service is now ready, so you can start making and taking calls.

Your account details
--------------------
Home Phone product: Talk Evenings & Weekends
Phone number:      xxxxxxxxxxxx
Credit balance:    £55.00
You can also see these details by logging in to your Home Phone Control Panel:
https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_my_account

Add Call Features
-----------------
You can add extra Call Features to your service. Just log in to your Home Phone Control Panel:
https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_my_account

Need help?
----------
There's lots of information about Home Phone on our website:
http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home_phone/
To find out about Home Phone billing and credit limits go to:
http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home_phone/billing.shtml
If you've got any questions about your service use the Help Assistant ( http://help.plus.net/ ) or call us on 0845 1400200.
Kind regards,
Plusnet Customer Support
http://www.plus.net/
i dont get this?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
The email you were sent today was an error (if you noticed the number in the email it's a mobile number). This is just a result of the changes made to update the account status.
Your line will be installed on the 26th as advised.
Sorry for the confusion.
dangermouse1983
Grafter

HI
thanks for clearing that up mand  Smiley
one thing can you tell me how long it will take for the phone line & broadband to be service is ready?
after the line install thanks
badwolf
Grafter

Well, Mr Openreach came and activated my line on Friday as scheduled. However despite me requesting a simultaneous PSTN/ADSL order (ie, broadband switched on same day as line installed) and plusnet confirming this, it appears it's another 5-7 days wait for the line to get ADSL, and that's only after BT tell Plusnet the line is active Roll_eyes
Currently using tesco anytime dial-up. Happy days Roll_eyes
dangermouse1983
Grafter

hi
well bt turn up yesterday so line is install  Smiley
just waiting to see what plusnet will do now my ordering Stage is still at "Checking your details"
all so like to no when the First payment and Subscription payment will come out of my bank?
Mand can you help me wiv this thanks

badwolf
Grafter

Quote from: Matt_2k34
but I do wonder how much quicker the process would be for a BT retail line install

None, BT cannot discriminate against or give priority to ANY ISP, including its own. This is why the "BT Group" is a GROUP, it is not one company (anymore)

I jest Wink
indeed, from me reading that too - you have to wait 7~10 days + the backlog delay (up to 5 days, hopefully less) - will depend on your location in the country too Smiley
Unfortunately its down to a BT engineer - and out of PNs hands  Undecided

...Not forgetting if Plusnet didnt forecast a roughly accurate amount of new WLR orders to BT and subsequently there are more orders submitted, BT can impose penaltys. Not financial penalty's, just delays I guess. Even though there are plenty of openreach engineers twiddling their thumbs Wink
Looks like this has what has happened here. Every BTR line I've had installed has completed in 10-15 days (include a few days in that needed for a credit check, which plusnet dont do). It has taken plusnet 18 days just to install a line. It will be approximately 1 month since ordering until the line gets broadband. AFAIK BTR aren't required to "forecast". not exactly fairness and equivalence is it? Wink
Good job I'm a laid back kinda guy Wink
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: dangermouse1983
just waiting to see what plusnet will do now my ordering Stage is still at "Checking your details"
all so like to no when the First payment and Subscription payment will come out of my bank?
Mand can you help me wiv this thanks

Glad the line is now installed. Smiley
I've queued the order now, so the order tracker should change later this afternoon.
Once the BB order is accepted the payment will be requested (it's DD so it'll take a few days to actually leave your account, but you'll get an email when the payment is requested).
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: badwolf
...Not forgetting if Plusnet didnt forecast a roughly accurate amount of new WLR orders to BT and subsequently there are more orders submitted, BT can impose penaltys. Not financial penalty's, just delays I guess. Even though there are plenty of openreach engineers twiddling their thumbs Wink
Looks like this has what has happened here. Every BTR line I've had installed has completed in 10-15 days (include a few days in that needed for a credit check, which plusnet dont do). It has taken plusnet 18 days just to install a line. It will be approximately 1 month since ordering until the line gets broadband. AFAIK BTR aren't required to "forecast". not exactly fairness and equivalence is it? Wink

Our forecasting is pretty accurate, we've never been penalised for inaccuracy.
It's based on a scoring kind of system, your overall score dictates your order priority for the forecasted amount. You'd have to forecast inaccurately for a couple of months at least to get a poor score. Our orders are all priority 1 (with the exception of feature orders, but that's our choice), so the delays are not because of forecasting, they're down to engineer availability and some system problems I believe.
Re BTR not being required to forecast, I really don't know the answer to that, sorry.