Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line from PlusNet (Goodbye Sky)

Agrajag
Grafter

New line from PlusNet (Goodbye Sky)

Hi,
Just waiting for a shiny new line from PlusNet as the wonderful people at Sky ceased my telephone and broadband (accidentally) while I was on holiday on the 7th August. Despite an alleged five attempts to encourage an Openreach engineer to visit the exchange, by the 31st August had still not managed get my services restored.
Hopefully my emails to the Sky support team telling them (far too politely) to cancel everything they're trying to do should have hit them today and we should be free to get a new line with PN.
Here's hoping...  Smiley
Andy
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New line from PlusNet (Goodbye Sky)

Hi there and welcome aboard Smiley
I've just replied to your ticket 73983586 with some more information about your order with us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Agrajag
Grafter

Thanks for the update Adam. I have updated ticket  73983586 with more information - which may be of some help.

Andy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem, I've just dropped another reply on the ticket for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Agrajag
Grafter

Adam,
Must say PlusNet have been far more responsive in the last couple of days than Sky were in the 23 days their team were trying to put right the problem *they* caused!
I've added some more info to the ticket - I doubt it will help, but having had previous experience of Openreach delays I'd like you guys to be armed with all the facts.
Thanks again,
Andy
Agrajag
Grafter

Did I speak too soon?  Angry
Was promised an update today on if my "provisional" engineer visit for line installation (we have had a line, was simply ceased in error by Sky on 7th August) is actually going to happen, but nothing yet despite an email this morning saying that the ticket had been auto pushed to the provisioning team.
Getting just a little annoyed now - especially as I assume that Openreach are going to tell Plusnet there are still no spare lines available...
Andy  Sad

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, looks like as of yesterday an appointment was booked in for tomorrow morning - really sorry about the short notice, please let us know if you can't make it?
Agrajag
Grafter

Hi Matt,
I've not received an update to ticket 73983586 which still states tomorrow (17th between 1 and 6pm - provisional)...
I can be around in the morning - but as we're a new build with an external master socket I doubt the engineer needs access,,,,?
If you could check and update the ticket that would be great.  Smiley
Thanks,
Andy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just done so, sorry I didn't do it earlier.
Agrajag
Grafter

Superb - Thanks Matt.
Andy
Agrajag
Grafter

I know that many negative comments get posted on here - so to slightly redress this:
As promised by Matt yesterday, a BT Openreach man attended this morning at exactly 8am and we now have a fully functional line - many thanks.
I have closed the original enquiry ticket and also my other question 74026334 as we are happy with our new telephone number and do not wish to renumber.
Now that we have our nice new line - how long before we can have some broadband on it??? Please???  Kiss
Many thanks,
Andy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Soon as the phone order is marked off as complete we'll be able to get the broadband order placed, expect another 5-7 working days or so - hopefully we'll be able to get it placed this afternoon.