cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line but not

tcvarlh

New line but not

New to landline BD and certainly new to Fibre,  So when Plusnet says the phone will be working today I think cool and try out the number (incoming from mobile) No dial tone.  So I assume today wasn't true.  How long does it normally take to get the line up and running? 
7 REPLIES 7
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: New line but not

Hi tcvarlh,
Welcome to our forums, although it would have been nicer if you were posting here for a reason other than your phone not working.
I've checked your connection and it appears there is a fault on your line, I've raised this with our supplier and we've been given a fix date due by the 30th May, once this is rectified we will also look at the downtime that you've had and refund for this.
Please let me know how you get on.
tcvarlh

Sorry Chris, Not really up on Forum rules and in mitigation I offer my experience with TalkTalk and their total lack of responses to all and any questions,Thanks for a prompt and explicit reply .
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi Tcvarlh,
Welcome to the forums.  You've nothing to apologise for and have not broken any forum rules.  I think what Chris was saying is "Nice to see you, sad that your reason for posting is due to a problem".
There is a great community here always willing to help, however there are also some trolls in the woods - I guess they can make life interesting!
Hope your problem is soon resolved and you find a better level of service here than you gad with talk talk.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kgk86
Grafter

Quote from: Townman
talk talk.

Forum rules: no swearing  Grin
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Sorry!  Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Twills
Grafter

Hi tcvarlh,
Just so you know, the engineer went out this morning and replaced the Primary Cross Connection Point which was testing faulty. This should have now resolved your issue if not can you let us know Smiley
regards
Twills.
tcvarlh

Hi Chris, Sorry I lost the site - somehow -  Everything sorted, efficiently and rapidly.  Thanks for the help. Smiley