Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - unable to dial out!!!

active8
Grafter

New customer - unable to dial out!!!

Hi,
I moved into a new house (renting) yesterday - Saturday 20th November.
The phone line was activated on Friday 11th November in order for the Fibre Broadband to be installed this coming Tuesday.
As the previous tenants were still living in the property until last Wednesday I asked for a block to be put on the line so that they could not Dial out.
Having now moved in, I have a dial-tone however when dialling a number it just cuts the call and is unable to make a connection.
I have tried the main phone socket and also the master socket tna.
There is no other service on this line and am unsure what would be causing this.
I have also dialed 1280 as a prefix before dialling a number however this makes no difference.
Having spoken with Plus.net CS today the lady I spoke with advised she could send out a BT Engineer to my property on Tuesday afternoon to check the line and equipment.
However she advised if any faults were found with the equipment in my property I would be charged.
Would I need to pay the charge or do you think my landlord would need to as the fixtures and fittings do not belong to myself
Please could you run some tests and have a look into this for me.
This shouldn't affect the Fibre installation on Tuesday should it? As they 're replacing the BT box in the house for the Fibre hardware would it be an idea to pospone the other BT engineer from coming round to see whether the change in equipment rectifies the landline fault?
Looking forward to a reply.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: New customer - unable to dial out!!!

The phone line was activated on Friday 11th November in order for the Fibre Broadband to be installed this coming Tuesday.
As the previous tenants were still living in the property until last Wednesday I asked for a block to be put on the line so that they could not Dial out.

er um, has the block been removed? surely thats up to you
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New customer - unable to dial out!!!

Quote from: active8

you will need to call to have this removed.
Quote from: active8
This shouldn't affect the Fibre installation on Tuesday should it?

No, your installation will not be affected.
Jojo Smiley