Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer query

brendajorsler
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

New customer query

I have just started using PlusNet broadband and phone and am a bit worried that there has been a few posts here that their phone often stops working and am concerned as I rely on my landline.
I have come from B.T. and when the phone lines were down B.T. transferred my calls to a mobile number.  Does PlusNet do this ?  If not. what happens if the BT lines are down. Do we call BT or plusnet to get them repaired.  My phone lines do sometimes get pulled down by trees.
Many thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New customer query

Hi there,
Welcome to Plusnet and welcome to the Community.
To answer your questions, if you had a fault on either your broadband or your phone you'd report that to us. We can set up a divert if you like, this can be requested if you did experience a fault (there are charges for the diverted calls though).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Brenda,
Welcome to PlusNet and the forums.
Further to what Chris has said, do remember that the number of users on here is a tiny number of the PlusNet user base.  The number of users registered here is less than 28k compared to circa 700k total users.  The forum community grows by about 1-2% per month (280-400) - I have no idea of the user base growth.
Some people come here as their first resort to deal with matters, rather than as a back-up route to the formal channels...
Rise an on-line problem report "ticket" - see Help & Support on the user portal
Use the on-line chat which is in extended trails at present - look for a purple prompt popping up when logged into the portal and browsing the support pages
Phone the support desk - yes sometimes that can be busy - but hopefully you will not be needing it
If BTOR dealt with the trees which are interfering with THEIR equipment, you might have fewer issues.
Good luck,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

brendajorsler
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Many thanks.
That reassures me.
I will say that if there was an outdoor BT fault they did the divert to a mobile for free.  However, they don't give much away when it comes to their charges...
Brenda