cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - no phone

Felix64
Dabbler

New customer - no phone

Hi, we're due to have our phone and broadband switched to plusnet (from bt and talk talk respectively) on Friday. I didn't expect anything to happen before then however something's happened to our phone line. We can receive calls but get no dialling tone anymore. Our broadband is still ok. I checked bt service status page and it's not reporting a fault on our line.  Could this be anything to do with the switch, so I should sit tight (I'm not that fussed if I can't make calls for a few days) or do I need to chase up bt to fix a possible fault? It seems like too much of a coincidence since nothing like this has happened before.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: New customer - no phone

I'd recommend contacting BT to see if there's anything they can see but failing that I'd recommend waiting till Friday as we'll be able to test the line.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Felix64
Dabbler

I got them to run a line check from the "My BT" page however it didn't report a fault.  I don't want to start wasting money on calling a BT engineer if this is something to do with the switchover, it seems like too much of a coincidence to me.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

It could just be a handset or local/internal wiring fault, how many handsets have you tried? Wired or cordless? Extension socket, master socket and Test socket?
Felix64
Dabbler

Well the fault seems to have fixed itself. I tried the test socket and initially still had no tone, however on a whim tried dialling a number anyway and it kicked into life. Then put it all back together again and it all seems to be fine. Very odd. Thanks for the replies.