Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer hopefully

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

New customer hopefully

Situation:  90yr old mother with BT - no internet.
Desire: Phone with PN administered by me.
I know PN don't do stand alone phone and am willing to take internet even tho' it would only be used when the family visit, so what would be the best way forward?
I don't want to run the risk of her being without phone and have read of problems with dual provisioning.
Is there anyway the phone can be taken over first by PN then take the internet?
17 REPLIES 17
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New customer hopefully

Who is the phone currently with? If it's an LLU supplier then we should take the phone first anyway as we need the line back on the BT network before we can place a broadband order. If it's with a BT provider then we would generally place the BB order first and then the phone line 10 days afterwards.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I know this is nothing to do with me, but did you really just ask:
Who is the phone currently with?

Even I worked that one out!
Chris
Legend

Erm, yes.  Embarrassed
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwatson
Rising Star

Mayfly - Don't forget to refer yourself when you set up the new account Wink
Mayfly
All Star

Quote from: Chris
Who is the phone currently with?

Can I have a pint of what you're drinking? lol
Yes Chris it's with BT so I can get BB with yourselves then the phone switched? Not sure why I didn't realise that first - must have had a drink anyway........[hic]
Brilliant I'll give CS a ring.
Thanks.
Chris
Legend

Yep, sorry! First day back after a week off Wink
We should be able to sort what you want over the phone Smiley
Mayfly
All Star

Thanks, Chris spoke to CS today and all sorted.
Mayfly
All Star

Chris,
I have put in motion the move of house phone and installation of internet for my mother administered by myself.
The ticket and email I received says the provisional new number will be.....and quotes a new number.......
My mother is under the consultant at our local hospital with sometimes only gets 2-3 days notice of an appointment that are all made by phone so it would cause enormous problems if this number gets changed.
I know in theory that she will keep the same number but is there anyway to ensure she does?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

If there is a problem, can you please let us know ASAP so that we can get it addressed with our supplier? Thanks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Mayfly
All Star

OK thanks
Mayfly
All Star

Got an email this morning at 06.20 to say my mothers phone line has been taken over but the number has changed......... *Noooooooooo*

I have spoken to customer services at 07.15 to check and request the old number be reinstated. A very helpful advisor says it was available and he has reserved it and requested it be applied.
Hope this happens soonest or it will be a nightmare.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Theoretically, it should be 24 hours.
Sorry to hear this happened though  Embarrassed
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Mayfly
All Star

Hi Matty
Old number successfully reconnected so thank you all for that.
Any idea why it was changed?  Seems such as simple thing to be able to do yet you do see numbers get changed sometimes.
essenby
Grafter

I am in a similar position and I sincerely hope beyond hope that mine goes as smoothly as yours although I'm not confident.  (in case anyone from the CST wants to take a look Questions 97600937 and 97181774 refer)
My mother moved and wanted to take her phone number with her and opted for a cease and re-provide because the new line deal was favourable.  In these cases I understand a new number is allocated and then the old number is ported across.  However the great god BTOR was not smiling on us and on installation day despite connecting her phone socket to the cabinet, and making the new number live, there was a "routing issue" that required further work in the exchange.  That was Monday 12th and we are still waiting fort that to be completed.
My worry is that while we are waiting, the old number will be re-allocated thus preventing the renumber which CANNOT be completed until the new number is "active".  Fully appreciate we are at the mercy of the high-handed BTOR but that doesn't make it any easier to bear.