cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer being charged for calls I didn't make!

Welshpat85
Hooked

New customer being charged for calls I didn't make!

Hello,  I have had a very similar issue to the person who started this post.

I joined Plusnet just over 2 months ago from Sky, landline and fibre.  On last months bill I noticed there were around £14 of call charges on there.

Myself and my wife don't even have a handset plugged into the landline (and haven't used one for years because we both have mobiles with plenty of minutes).

Spoke to PN, they advised it was likely a crossed line, so an engineer was sent out.  The OpenReach engineer came and confirmed no crossed line however he also confirmed no handset connected in the home therefore must be another issue.

He told PN this, however PN's response to me was that this is impossible, it is either a crossed line or we made the calls.  So now I am left with the £65 engineer charge on top of the calls we didn't make!

Have had several conversations with PN support, tech team... All to no avail leaving me more and more frustrated - they cannot see past it either being a crossed line (engineer confirmed this is not the case), or that made the calls and therefore must be lying (more frustrationAngry).

I would really appreciate it if anyone could offer some advice on this.

Many Thanks

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title slightly after being split to its own thread.

9 REPLIES 9
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: New Plusnet customer being charged for calls I didn't make!

@Welshpat85 wrote:

I would really appreciate it if anyone could offer some advice on this.

Plusnet support are a bit short of resource at present.  You may find it quicker to raise a complaint as this may require liaison across a number of internal departments.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @Welshpat85 I'm really sorry that you seem to have a similar issue, I'd really love to help you try to get to the bottom of it.

Expect one of the team to call you immanently. 

Townman wrote:

From this experience is there anything which Plusnet can do to address such situations differently? 

This is the big question, we're always looking for ways to make diagnosing customer problems quicker easier and more efficient. With that in mind we'd love some suggestions but it's outside of my specific skill set. Maybe we can make it a SU thing and engage with faults?

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Split to its own thread by request and title changed slightly.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

JonoH
Hero

@Welshpat85 

Thanks for finding the time to speak to us today regarding your issue, I trust that you will encounter no further problems with your billing.

We're also looking into a speed fault for you and will update you via your account that can be accessed from the member centre.

Thanks for your patience 

Jono H
Welshpat85
Hooked

Hi @JonoH, thank you for sorting my billing issue.

Unfortunately the broadband speed issue has not been addressed.  On the online "Help Assistant Questions" I was asked to perform a speed check by one of your CSC Analysts, which I did and subsequently informed them that I had done so.  The following response was posted 4 days later by a different CSC analyst:

Question #158987159

[CSA Removed] - CSC Analyst
2:31pm, Monday 9 Oct 2017

(INTERNAL)
No action required. Closing ticket

No action to improve my broadband to the minimum guaranteed speed has been taken and the ticket has been closed.

Could I please have some assistance with this?

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

JonoH
Hero

Thanks for letting us know that you're still having issues @Welshpat85 I'll contact you shortly to see what we can do it help.

Thanks

Jono H
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @Welshpat85,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your speeds. I have carried out some tests on your line and they are coming back fine on your connection.

Can you please perform a wired speed test please via Ethernet connection with no wireless devices connected to the router and no background programmes running through this link http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and then post the results in a reply here please.

Welshpat85
Hooked

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.

Test results are:

Download speed:  5.37

Upload Speed: 1.03

Ping Latency: 19.00

As requested a couple of weeks ago I did this test and had similar results then (download 5.2Mbs I think).

Guaranteed min speed was 5.9Mbps but estimated to be over 7Mbps.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Thank you for getting back to me @Welshpat85,

I have run some further tests for you this morning and it is showing you are at a stable rate at 5.9Mbps. I have just reset your connection so you might notice a drop in connection but this will come back in about a minute. 

Could you run the wired test again for me please and let me know what results you get today.