cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build - new line but no broadband?

Wiredcharlie

New build - new line but no broadband?

A friend is about to move into a newly built property which so far has no phone line installed. She has been told by BT that the property can have a phone line installed  but cannot have broadband!!! The village where the house is does have broadband.
I have Googled this issue and it seems most likely that this is simply an administrative problem and that the system is not set up to simultaneously  provide phone and broadband to new-builds. One thread referred to something called a LORN (Linked Order Reference Number) which can be used to tie two orders together where no phone number exists.
Has anyone had experience of this situation and are Plusnet a good bet under these circumstances?
Thanks
Tony
5 REPLIES 5
itsme
Grafter

Re: New build - new line but no broadband?

It's not because the area is supplied by TPON
Some telephone lines are provided partly over a fibre optic connection which stops you being able to get a broadband connection. This is known as TPON.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Drop me a DM with your friends new address details and I'll run some checks for you.
LORN, is usually used in relation to simultaneous orders where the line and broadband are activated simultaneously, that isn't always possible but I should be able to say if it's a possibility for your friend when I've seen the account.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just replied to your PM, it looks like good news for your friend Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wiredcharlie

Thanks for your help.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Any time Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team