Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build house connection

Bikermel76
Hooked

New build house connection

Hi all

We're currently on Plusnet for phone and internet at home. We are doing a barn conversion which is nearly complete. I assumed one contacted BT to get a phone line installed (currently no line) but it seems one has to contact the chosen supplier and place an order before one can contact Openreach to install the line. Can you please advise how to do this? Once we move obviously we would want to transfer our current contract, but we can't do that until there's a line there!!! Also the HOUSE name is not on Royal Mail database, although we are able to receive post because the postman recognises the address when used (and there is an attaching property) Does this all mean I'm stymied until Building Regs have signed off and the local authorities acknowledge we exist?

Thanks in advance

BM76

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New build house connection

Thanks for getting in touch @Bikermel76 

I'd recommend ringing our house moves team on 0800 013 2632 as we'd be able to arrange this like a house move. Although it may be worth first contacting Royal Mail from Here to add your address into their database. We should then be able to build the address into the supplier ordering system to install the line.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet