cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account - Why have PlusNet gone all incommunicado?

SludgeIsland
Rising Star

New account - Why have PlusNet gone all incommunicado?

Hi.  On 28th August my daughter requested Broadband and Home phone from PlusNet, for the new home she was moving into on 1st September.  It all went without a hitch, she paid for her router, and line rental for the year.  Not knowing the phone number at the property, she was advised that a BTOR engineer would attend yesterday (17th September) afternoon, and that she must be at the property to meet him in case he needed to gain entry to check the master socket.  She took the afternoon off work, and lo and behold ..... no one turned up.  I phoned Plus Net yesterday (held in queue for 15 minutes) on her behalf (she has no phone or Broadband) and was told by Sean that he would raise a ticket, and that I (or my daughter, giving authority for me to deal with this on her behalf) should do the same (ticket number 91748086).  He said that someone would get back to me today.  No one did.  Sean does not appear to have raised a ticket either!  Mine is still unread awaiting action.
This is the level of service I would expect, and received from TalkTalk, years ago.  Certainly not what I have received up to now from PlusNet.  She has already wasted a day's leave, and I have spent hours in your queue (until the battery ran out on my phone), to no avail.  I'm beginning to regret recommending PlusNet. 
Please PlusNet.  Get back to me and tell me what's going on.
22 REPLIES 22
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: New account - Why have PlusNet gone all incommunicado?

Thanks for speaking with me this morning, Sludgeisland. 
I've popped your daughter an update detailing what we have spoke about. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused  Embarrassed
This is with me now, so I'll make sure her account is heavily monitored.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
SludgeIsland
Rising Star

Thanks for the update, Matty. That's the level of service I expect from PlusNet.  Looking forward to further updates.  Smiley
SludgeIsland
Rising Star

Hi Matty
It's gone all quiet again.  You have said that BTOR will provision the line on 7th October.  Again Katie has not received any confirmation of this since your original call.  Her order tracker is stuck in the "checking your details" stage still.  Do you have any updates.  She doesn;t want to waste another day's leave!
Many thanks. Undecided
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I have popped you a message on this thread:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,132442.0.html
Thanks,
Matty
SludgeIsland
Rising Star

Hi Matty
I have just had a call from katie to say that due to unforeseen circumstances, she is not going to be available on 7th October for the arranged appointment.  I hope I am giving you enough notice of this.  Please could it be arranged for any day, any time, week commencing 27th October 2014 - Half term, when she says she will be available.  Having visited the property yesterday, I do not beileve there is a BT master socket, only an NTL (VM) socket. so the engineer will need to enter the ptoperty. 
Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Sludge Island Grinch.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Could be a bit tight as I think they need 24 hours notice
I suggest getting Katie to call in unless you are a nominated user then you could
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning SludgeIsland,
I've just tried to call, however, there was no answer.
I've requested that the appointment is amended to 27/10/2014 between 8AM and 1PM. Ticket: 91748086 has been updated with this information and we'll confirm if the amendment has been accepted later today. Due to there only being 24 hours notice it may not be accepted.
SludgeIsland
Rising Star

Thanks Oldjim. I am a nominated user. 
And thanks Linn.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

FYI, I have updated the ticket.
The amendment has been accepted so the appointment is set in for 27/10.
Matty
SludgeIsland
Rising Star

Hi Matty.
Katie was most upset to receive the following email on 16/10/14 (Thursday) from PlusNet support:
>
> The engineer wasn't able to install your new telephone service.
>
> Because of this, we'll need to arrange a new appointment to install
> your service. This must be booked in the next two weeks to avoid the
> order being cancelled.
>
> We'll call you to arrange this, or you can give us a call on 0800 432
> 0200 or 0345 140 0200. Please choose the order updates option to speak
> to a member of our Support Team.
>
> Please make sure you give us correct details to pass on to the
> engineer, as this was the reason for the installation not being
> successful.
>
> Please note: there will be a re-booking fee for the appointment.
>
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Plusnet Customer Support
> http://www.plus.net/
>
> Email ref: E0706
Please would you confirm that the appointment for Monday 27th October - morning - still stands, and that there will be no re-booking fee.  I haven't a clue where this appointment came from!  If you phone me on my mobile number provided, please leave a voice message and I'll get back to you asap. My phone will be on silent most of the day.
Many thanks.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi SludgeIsland,
Thanks for flagging this with us, I've taken a look over the details on the order and I can confirm that the appointment is still set to go ahead on the 27/10/14.
After taking a look at the account it appears that the automated system has thrown out the ticket regarding the missed appointment as the initial installation date has passed and the account hasn't activated so there isn't anything to worry about from your perspective. I'll take a look into the reason that the date wasn't updated and see if we can put something in place to rectify confusion being caused again in the future.
SludgeIsland
Rising Star

Hi.  On holiday in sunny Mallorca at the moment.  I was very disappointed when Katie phoned to say she had waited in all day - for the second time, and despite your reassurances, still no one turned up.  Not only is she annoyed having now wasted two days, but I feel quite embarrassed having recommended plusnet to her in the first place!  I gather you have now arranged for BTOR to attend on Thursday.  I hope this won't be another wasted day in.  Pretty poor show so far Plusnet!  Feel free to call me.  I'll be in my usual spot on the beach! Cool
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I felt awful about this.
I am double checking it's booked in tomorrow and triple checking on the day.
Matty
SludgeIsland
Rising Star

Hi Matty.
Greetings from my deck chair on the beach!
I can only guess that no news is good news - and I've hea d nothing from Katie. 
Any update your end?