cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plusnet User

chris59

New Plusnet User

Just thought Id check in. We switched over from Talk Talk on the 29th with retention of phone no and also unlimited broadband. Must say the switch over went smoothly with Plusnet doing exactly what they said on the tin. Only thing was some of the phone features did not work and all appertained to extras I had ordered when I signed up. Whilst irritating not the end of the world. What I can say however is the refreshing change in how a problem is dealt with. Having left it for three days which I thought long enough to give the benefit of doubt I rang custmomer services to be told by a computer generated reply that there could be up to a 30 minute wait suggesting that I might like to try asking other computers for help. This had a frightenly familiar feeling having spent the last month and a half seemingly destined never to escape from the Talk Talk triangle. Then to my pleasure after less than five minutes a friendly Yorkshire accent greeted me asking how he could help. Having explained my dilema he said he would sort it for me straight away and appologised for the inconvenience. Things are looking up someone who understood my request and I could actually understand them !. When I arrived home from work two hours after the call all my features were working as ordered.
So thanks Plusnet and thanks Tom I realise things can sometimes go wrong but it is how problems are resolved that sets the service provider apart. Have read some negativity on here and perhaps some justification my experience so far however meets expectations and faith in human nature is restored . Keep up the good work Plusnet and Tom
3 REPLIES 3
caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: New Plusnet User

Well aren't you the lucky one. Would you like to swap?
chris59

Hope you get your issues sorted as said its so far so good for me. Had a message waiting when I arrived home today which was a courtesy call making sure everything okay with features.
Chris
caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Yes thanks,  we hope so too since everything is done via email today including insurances car tax, TV licences etc.
Broadband is no longer a 'boys' toys' option, modern life revolves round it.
It's not being able to solve a ridiculously simple problem that's annoying us. i.e. pulling a cable a few metres from the road to the house through existing ducting that Openreach say doesn't exist!!!!!!!!!!!.
dick:quote