cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone number - can it be selected due to disability?

BRABUS
Grafter

New Phone number - can it be selected due to disability?

Hi there,
I have a very random question.  My parents are moving into a new house and will obviously having a new line installed.  My question is as follows, is there a way that they can easily get a phone number allocated that is possibly more memorable.  This is due to a condition called dyscalculia, which is effectively like dyslexia of numbers.  They have had their previous phone number for over 30 years so I am concerned about a new number that will be difficult to learn.
I don't know if there is something that can be done to help as it is due to a genuine disability and not for any other reason.  If a PN staff member whishes to contact me via a pm etc if they cant discuss it on here then I would be happy to hear from them.
Cheers
Rob
5 REPLIES 5
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: New Phone number - can it be selected due to disability?

Yes, though the order will require a manual provision. Are your parents already signed up?
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
BRABUS
Grafter

Hi Matty, yes they are signed up and currently have line rental paid in advance still running.  They moved out of their old house in April and are due to move into their new one with you guys next Friday 26th.  The BT engineer is already booked for between 13:00- 18:00 on that day.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Ah, I don't want to touch the order in that case then as you already have a provisional number. Shall we discuss this after the provision? Smiley
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
BRABUS
Grafter

Matty are you ale to see what the provisional number will be please?  Can you PM me.  If they get a number and then try to change it, can that then be done?
BRABUS
Grafter

Matty you have a pm with their account name.
Cheers