cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Line

ChrisD

New Line

I thought I'd post this here as I have had no response to ticket id #75012082 raised over 32 hours ago.
A bit of background.
I do not have a previous phone line as I am with virgin media so should have been a straight forward install I though,
13/09/2013 I placed an order for a phone line & fibre broadband, The same day I received an email to say the phone line was ready to use.
15/09/2013 I received an email saying the fibre install was provisionally booked for the 26/09/2013
16/09/2013 I again received an email to say the phone line was ready to use.
24/09/2013 I was having a look around the portal pages and found that I had a charge of 33 pence for a phone call to 123 so raised a ticket questioning this as I had not even connected a telephone to the line. I was told "The call was likely made as a test call by the BT Openreach engineer" and I would be refunded, this has yet to happen but I will have to wait till the next payment is taken to find out if it does.
26/09/2013 A BT chap turned up and put all the equipment together for the fibre and then says I should contact BT as something is wrong. I though I had better call plus.net and ask them, so I got a phone and plugged it in and nothing not even a dial tone just silence. As I couldn't call plusnet (I wasn't paying the costs to call from a mobile, and as I type this I think I could have just plugged the phone into the virgin line and called from there  Roll_eyes ) I thought I had better raise the ticket.
What I would like to know is now in the portal pages it says I'm activated does than mean am I going to be;
A, Paying for a phone service from the 13/09/2013 that I haven't received?
B, Paying for a fibre service from the 26/09/2013 that I haven't received?
And have you seen this type of thing before and any idea of time scale before it does actually work?
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: New Line

Hey there Chris,
Sorry to hear that things aren't going so well for your installation.
If the portal says your phone service is active, this will initiate the system to activate the phone part of the service, along with the charging of it - As you've paid the first month up front, no money will be collected till the second month. You'll then be entitled to compensation for the down time. As this will be dealt with as a service fault rather than a provision problem (due to the order being complete).
Regarding the second question, the FTTC won't be billed for until it's active on the portal also.
Hope this helps, and hope you get it sorted soon!
Cheers,
Matt
ChrisD

Hi Matt,
Thank you for your reply,
I've had an update to the ticket;
Fault Type: NDT
Test Results: Fail - Fault located in local network
Description: FAULT - Battery Contact
Fault Ref: TR0000002957030
All Checks Completed: Y
Customer Agrees to Engineer Charge: Y
Estimated Repair Time: 03/10/13 21:00:00
Not sure what any of that means, so will just wait till the 3rd and see what happens.
Thanks again Matt.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

NDT means 'no dial tone' and 'battery contact' means the two wires touch each other (a short circuit). The engineer will have to locate that and correct it. Since you've had no service any charges made should be refunded.
David
David
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

In any situation where there's a fault we're more than happy to look to refund subscription charges for the downtime - please request this once the fault is resolved and it will be dealt with by the right people.
ChrisD

Thanks David, Ben
A very nice BT chap turned up today which was lucky I was at home because it wasn't a planned visit, He spent over 3 hours tracing and repairing my line which is now working perfectly. Thank you.
He said there was nothing he could do about the broadband as there was no fibre provisioned on the line, but would put it in his notes.
Back to waiting I guess.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

One hurdle crossed. Smiley
Was the line and broadband order placed as a simultaneous provide? If that isn't possible I think the line order needs to complete before broadband can be ordered.
David
David