cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Line, New Number, Already Getting Nuisance Calls!

soopahfly
Hooked

New Line, New Number, Already Getting Nuisance Calls!

I've moved from Digital Region, MFP and VOIP over to Plusnet and a standard BT Line.
I've been renumbered from my old Voip line over to BT, my old number started 01143, new one is 01142.
It was activated on the morning of the 19th of August, and by the end of the day I was getting automated phone calls trying to sell me solar panels.
TPS Says this number is already registered.
I'm not particularly happy that this is happening.
The members centre won't let me make any changes to my PN home phone account yet either!
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: New Line, New Number, Already Getting Nuisance Calls!

There's a very good chance that if you get a re-number your 'new' one will be a recycled number with associated spam call baggage.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
soopahfly
Hooked

Yeah, I kind of expected this when I got an 01142 number.  I was lead to believe that there were no 01142's left, only 01143's and 01144's.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Are the calls coming from genuine UK numbers?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi soopahfly,
Sorry to hear of the nuisance calls you've been getting and that you weren't able to make amendments to the phone section on the member centre. I've rectified this for you now and you should be able to make changes without any issues. Please see Ticket: 90603410 for further information regarding the number.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.