cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Line Activations

Assos
Grafter

New Line Activations

Is there a specific reason PN can't / won't activate telephone lines for new customers? My friend wanted to signup for BBYW and home phone, but has had to order his telephone line from BT as PN won't / can't activate it for him. They can't even switch to PN once the line is active as BT have a 12 month contract.
I would've thought PN are losing out on a lot of business this way?
11 REPLIES 11
James
Grafter

Re: New Line Activations

We're looking at accepting new activations in the near future.
Essentially, it's down to the fact that it wasn't built into the initial project and the sign up journey would need a large amount of work.  We can do these manually, but it is time consuming, but we're happy to do this in isolated cases, but there's no automation in place.
Assos
Grafter

If it's not too much trouble would it be possible to do it for my friend? If so would there be any implications of doing it through you rather than BT? (We've got until the line goes active to cancel the order with BT)
Mand
Grafter

If your friend is planning on getting broadband and Home Phone with us we will be able to do this, however they would have to have a PAYG dialup account and active card details on the account to begin with.
If you'd like to raise a ticket on their account (or get them to :)) then I'll get one of our provisioning guru's to take it from there for you. Smiley
Assos
Grafter

I'll give them a ring and see what they say, Thanks Mand / James Smiley
Assos
Grafter

OK, They're Signed up and the ticket (22888171) has been raised. The refferal has gone on the wrong account (this one rather, than my personal PAYG dailup one) I presume it's a case of getting a ticket raised on both their and my accounts for it to be changed over?
Thanks Guys / Gals (in the case of Mand)
Assos
Grafter

lol, It doesn't matter tooo much but I don't see why my parents should get it, when I put the effort into persuading (read nagging) my friends to go with PN.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
They/You need to agree to the fees on the ticket so that we can proceed, as it's obviously not detailed in the signup journey.
Let me know when that's done and I'll get things moving for you.
Re the referrals, once the account is active raise a ticket and we'll change it over for you. Smiley
Assos
Grafter

Thanks Mand,
Will get them to look at the ticket when I see them later Smiley
James
Grafter

Hi James,
It would depend on exactly how much BT would need to do to turn on his line telephone line.  If there's a line there already, then it should be relatively cheap (believe I just paid £38 for mine), however if there is no line there, we would ne3ed to charge £105.  We don't currently offer deferred payments on home phone and due to potential nature of these costs, I would say that this being a future thing would also be unlikely.
You can of course defer the ADSL activation and hardware charges.
Assos
Grafter

Indeed PJ, that's the option my friend has gone for. They (surprisingly) had checked their ticket before I managed to tell them it had been updated, cue an earful about how the £105 is a rip off, when BT will do it for free 😕
James
Grafter

The BT equivalent charge for a fresh installation and activation of a phoneline is £125.  So you'd actually save £20 if you were in those circumstances.