Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Home Phone Offer

coastergrotto
Grafter

New Home Phone Offer

When I logged on to the Portal I noticed this:
Home Phone - £1.99 for 3 months
You may have noticed that we're running an offer with MoneySupermarket for Home Phone at £1.99 for 3 months, on a 12 month contract. You can take advantage of this too by raising a ticket.

I already have Home Phone but does this mean by agreeing to another 12 month contract I can take advantage of this offer, because that's the way it reads.
Also should I be able to do this how will this affect the twelve month contract I took out when I took delivery of my router by signing up for BBYW Option3.    I want to downgrade to Option2 after the twelve month contract has ended, thus enabling me to keep my router free of charge.
22 REPLIES 22
Mand
Grafter

Re: New Home Phone Offer

Hi coastergrotto,
I'm clarifying this internally at the moment, and will respond here as soon as I get an answer for you. Smiley
coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks Mand.  Glad you are on the case!!
With regard to the Home Phone question, the reason I asked because it does state that:
You can take advantage of this too by raising a ticket.

which implies that I should be able to take advantage of the offer if I so wish.
However I do need to know the answer as to how a new 12 month contract could impact on my desire to change my BBYW package from Option 3 to 2. 
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Could you explain a little more about how you mean it could impact your decision to change product type?
avalon
Grafter

I think he means if he takes the home phone on a 12 month contract is he tied to 12 months on BBYW on his current package.
James
Grafter

Nope.
The terms for that offer allow you to change your broadband product.  I wrote them Tongue
The Broadband product is not tied into the Home Phone product.  On other words it's isn't a "bundle" - They are separate products.
However, this does also mean that your total service with us is tied for 12 months (both phone and broadband), however you can change products during that time.
lingbob
Grafter

What are the implications of this regarding a house move (cease and re-provide).
Regards .....
James
Grafter

No implications if you continue to receive the home phone service.
You would still be expected to pay any activation charges associated with the house move though (£125/£38.75 on Home Phone depending on whether or not there's an installed line).
lingbob
Grafter

OK, that's fine - all we need now is confirmation that the £1.99 Home Phone offer is available to existing Home Phone customers  Smiley
Regards .....
coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks Jameseh, that clears up what I needed to know regarding the 12 month contract.  I have no intention of leaving PlusNet but now that Option 2 allows you 15GB Peak Time Usage allowance, which I do not exceed even on Option3, it makes sense to save £5 per month once my first 12 month contract that I agreed to when I took the free router option has expired (not sure when that is though).
All I need now is to hear from Mand.
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,
I've clarified this internally. Smiley
The Member Centre alert doesn't differentiate between whether you have Home Phone or not, which is why this is displayed across the board.
The offer is open to existing broadband customers taking Home Phone, and existing Home Phone customers who DO NOT have a special offer discount or annual contract applied already.
We're about to clarify the message on the Member Centre alert to this affect, although the T+C's always stated that you can only have one offer at a time.
lingbob
Grafter

Thanks for the clarification  Smiley
Regards .....
Not applicable

Please could the situation be clarified for existing Homephone users on Anytime+?
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Thanks Mand.  Just to clarify.  I've been on Home Phone E&W since 26th August 2008 on a monthly contract.  If I raise a ticket and agree to stay on it for a year then I can get it for £1.99 for 3 months?  I'm on PAYG, but am willing to change to BBYW Option 2 if needed, as it's something I've been toying with anyway.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Hi Phil,
If you change to Option 2, you would be more than welcome to take part in the special offer.