cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Phone line installation despite already having a line - RESOLVED

Tarante11a

New Customer - Phone line installation despite already having a line - RESOLVED

Hi there
I'm a new customer waiting for my order to be processed.  I've taken the broadband only offer.
I'm on a very low income and so when I placed my order, I asked a lot of questions about hidden charges, I also asked if I could keep my telephone number, which was confirmed.
However, over the weekend I received a text saying I need to have a phone line installed at the cost of £49.99.  I'm a bit confused by this, I've lived at my address since 2010 and have had the same phone line and telephone number during all that time - I've had accounts with Sky and BT.  I can't really afford the cost of the engineer either!
I've tried getting through to the Provisioning dept but waiting times are always between 30-45 mins, and eating up my mobile minutes.
If someone can offer me some advice or an explanation I'd be really grateful!
Many thanks! Smiley
Edit: for typo in subject line - doh
1 REPLY 1
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: New Customer - Phone line installation despite already having a line - RESOLVED

Hi Tarante11a, welcome to the forums!
I believe you've been in touch over the phone since making this post and I'm glad to see it all seems to have been explained and is now moving forward now. I hope the installation all goes well for you.
Just in case you aren't aware, 0800 number are now free from mobiles so they shouldn't be eating in to your minutes  Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet