cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build House

FIXED
FBOG

New Build House

Hi guys..I'm currently a fibre broadband and phone customer..In November I'm moving to a new build house which is in an area where only ADSL is available...and have some questions:

1. How do I get a new physical line installed there?

2. I'd like to be around when it is installed because I have a preference as to where the master socket is located. How do I arrange that?

3. How soon after the physical line is installed can ADSL broadband be made available?

4. Can I transfer my existing contract (it's obviously a different one)?

5. and what happens at my old house?..Will the new owner have any service at all?

thanks....FBOG 

2 REPLIES 2
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: New Build House

Fix

Good Afternoon, 

In regards to your questions I can say the following:

1: Just get in touch with our house move team and we can set that all up for you, we'll arrange for everything to be done.

2:You will need to be in for a New Line Installation order as standard, so we'll let you know the appointment and time-slot so you can be in, if this isn't convenient we can rearrange the date.

3: we can make these be on the same day

4:We generally recontract with house moves but I'd suggest speaking to our house move team about your options.

5: we will cease the service leaving a line there which is switched off

I'd suggest contacting us around the start of October to set this up as new builds can take a bit longer to provision, let me know if you need to know more

FBOG

Re: New Build House

Thanks for a most comprehensive response Darkfire...very helpful...thank you.. I'll do as you suggest..