cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account - Engineer visit date wrong been emailed that i have to pay more

wattzhammer
Dabbler

New Account - Engineer visit date wrong been emailed that i have to pay more

Hi ,i recently signed up for plusnet phone and broadband services for my new home , a day or so after ordering i rang to confirm the engineer date and the gentleman i spoke to redone my order he said he would try to get the phoneline and broadband done on the same day and had scheduled it for the 21st the old order was cancelled and this was made new and i had a email confirming what he had done as pictured below

,today i received a email saying the following
The engineer wasn't able to install your new telephone service.
Because of this, we'll need to arrange a new appointment to install your service. This must be booked in the next two weeks to avoid the order being cancelled.
We'll call you to arrange this, or you can give us a call on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200. Please choose the order updates option to speak to a member of our Support Team.
Please make sure you give us correct details to pass on to the engineer, as this was the reason for the installation not being successful.
Please note: there will be a re-booking fee for the appointment.

as i don't have a home phone at my new address atm and the landline provided was for my old address and i do not own a mobile how is the guy supposed to contact me ? on the additional info part when i signed up for engineer i put that i do not own a mobile i will be home ,the engineer did not even knock here as i was home all day long 😕 ,i would like this rectified please with no extra cost to myself as the mistake is not mine if someone at plusnet could email me with a update of this being sorted i would be grateful
adie:red amended image to remove agents name.
33 REPLIES 33
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New Account - Engineer visit date wrong been emailed that i have to pay more

Hi wattzhammer,
Sorry to hear you've had confusion regarding the information being sent out to you. It appears that the second email has been sent in error by the automated system as the orders are still present and correct for the 21/10/14.
This is now the second report of this issue I've seen today so my guess is that there has been some kind of error which has possibly kicked out a few of these to customers in certain circumstances so I'll flag it and have a bit of a dig around to see what's happened and have a fix applied.
In the meantime, your order is progressing as it should so and is due tomorrow as initially arranged so please accept our apologies for the confusion caused by the latest email.
wattzhammer
Dabbler

Re: New Account - Engineer visit date wrong been emailed that i have to pay more

Thanks Adam , was a bit worried for a while there lol with new world of warcraft expansion out soon i had visions of missing release day ,as i mentioned in my first post i don't own a mobile and the landline number was for the address i lived at when i placed the order for my new address is this going to be a problem with the engineer ? he should just knock at my door if there is a issue or needs access yes ?
wattzhammer
Dabbler

Hi Adam , i received a phone call earlier at my old house when dropping my kids home saying that there is no appointment booked in for tomorrow and the openreach engineer said he had phoned my ex partner at my old address on the date he was not supposed to have visited me and she told him to rebook the appointment which is a complete lie from the engineer.
How long is this going to take to get my line and broadband connected ? i don't mind waiting 2-3 more days max for my phone line and broadband to be connected on the same date maybe you guys can book a premium appointment with openreach since this is clearly a plusnet problem/fault ,as a new customer i am totally disapointed so far and half a inch from asking for a full refund as it feels like this is going to turn into a nightmare ,i would like to see the plusnet slogan of "we'll do you proud" in action please.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi wattzhammer,
Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for not being able to speak with you direct.
I'm afraid this hasn't been a Plusnet problem in this instance. There is an automated system which sends out a pre-recorded call to the designated number used on the order which double checks the appointment slot and time with the customer direct from BT. The answer given to this automated call was that the appointment wasn't convenient which has meant that this was cancelled on the suppliers side.
It seems that whoever took the automated call has pressed the corresponding number to cancel this order and we are now in a situation where we need to rebook this. From memory, I believe that the engineer availability within your area was around 2 weeks ahead due to the amount of ongoing installations and general work so I'm afraid that this may well push the next available appointment forward quite considerably.
There is an option to expedite an order however this wouldn't be something that we could cover the considerable cost of as the cancellation of the order has not been arranged either by us or through us. If you wish to proceed with the order then we will be more than happy to do everything within our power to have the installation arranged as soon as possible which would include keeping an eye out for any cancelled appointment slots which could help speed up the process.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: wattzhammer
as i don't have a home phone at my new address atm and the landline provided was for my old address and i do not own a mobile how is the guy supposed to contact me ?

Quote from: Adam
I'm afraid this hasn't been a Plusnet problem in this instance.

So if it wasn't Plusnet, who gave Openreach the contact phone number that allowed then to make the automated call?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
wattzhammer
Dabbler

there has been NO automated call and NO call from an engineer ,you are at fault clearly my original order was not cancelled correctly when i spoke to mr belk and he changed my order to the 21st so i could have phone and broadband on the same date. you were supposed to have a engineer here today the 21st as you all ready confirmed above in a response to me not the 18th and now i get a email telling me i have to wait another 15 days is this some kind of bad joke ?
i want the phone number on my account removed as i do not reside at that address and haven't since about 3 days after making my order online i currently live at the address provided for the order
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi wattzhammer.
I appreciate that this is a very frustrating situation and I'm sorry that we cannot bring the date forward. We cannot sign an account up without a telephone number being provided. This number is then passed to Openreach for them to contact you regarding the visit and sometimes, send an automated call to check if the appointment is suitable. Unfortunately we have to go on the information which has been provided by our suppliers.
Regards
Alex
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero

You are joking I hope!
If someone doesn't have an existing phone line, doesn't have a mobile and can't be contacted via a work phone you can't supply them with a phone line because the BT system says that before you have have a phone for the first time you must have a phone?
wattzhammer
Dabbler

So whats to stop openreach phone the number at a address i don't even live at any more and have this continue in a perceptual cycle of failure ?
AlexD
Rising Star

Hi jelv
That is our process I'm afraid. We would require some contact number to pass to our suppliers and in order to contact our customer should we need too.

Quote from: wattzhammer
So whats to stop openreach phone the number at a address i don't even live at any more and have this continue in a perceptual cycle of failure ?

If you do have another number be it mobile/work/family member, I can certainly pass this onto Openreach to prevent this from happening again.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

So a housebound invalid who has just moved in to the property, hasn't mobile access and wants a phone line shouldn't bother with Plusnet as they won't get one
I bet BT have a way round this
AlexD
Rising Star

Hi Oldjim
That would be a very extreme case.
In this instance, we have been given a number and as per our process, passed this to our suppliers in case they need to contact the customer regarding the appoint. Unfortunately, there is nothing further we can do in this matter as our suppliers have booked the next available date.
dick:quote
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero

@wattzhammer
You need to go to https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=edit_details&s=0 and change the telephone number stored under contact to be 0345 140 0200. If BT insist on having number that's the best you can give them.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It may be an extreme case but it serves to show that Plusnet need to revisit their systems as it just isn't acceptable that a prospective customer needs a live contact phone number before placing an order.
I think that this shows that Plusnet still don't consider themselves a phone provider but as an ISP with a phone line tagged on.