cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change phone contract / remove restrictions

mr

Need to change phone contract / remove restrictions

Hi, I am an NHS doctor but having to work from home for next 12 weeks due to health problems. I am therefore now doing telephone clinics etc using my landline (mobile doesn't have great signal where we are). Yesterday I got an email saying I had spent £30 in one day making these calls. Obviously this isn't that sustainable and I was wondering if plusnet would either be kind enough to remove restrictions / add a discount or to allow me to change to an unlimited package for the short term 

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Need to change phone contract / remove restrictions

Welcome to the Forum @mr 

If this is a standard landline linked to a Plusnet broadband service, I think that you should be able to change your call plan by logging into your account at Plus.net and clicking "Offers and Upgrades". Sounds as if you need one of the anytime options. They charge for them but much less than your current expenditure.

Whether Plusnet might be helpful about the charges that you have picked up already is something that only one of their people would be in a position to say.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Also note that a change of call plan doesn't start until the next billing date.

Maybe that can be overridden in this case, though given the state of the billing system I wouldn't be too optimistic.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mr,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that you're incurring high call charges due to the current situation. I've had a look into this now and my response contains some account specific information so I've added it as a ticket on your account. You can view this here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team