Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Keep the Same Landline Number

FIXED
ty1
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Need to Keep the Same Landline Number

I've recently placed an order to upgrade my existing Plusnet broadband to fibre extra broadband and to transfer my landline from BT to Plusnet.

I called Plusnet customer service to express I want to keep the same phone number I currently have but I was told they cannot guarantee that. I asked will I know within the 14 days from the order date if I will get to keep the same number and cancel if not. They said no because they will upgrade the broadband to fibre first which happens 16 days from the order date then they will place an order with Openreach to transfer the landline. This is all outside the cancellation period.

It sound like I've made a bad mistake and probably should have kept the BT landline and move my broadband service to BT.

I will be appreciate it if anyone can help or give any advise on this?
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Need to Keep the Same Landline Number

Why not cancel this order then start again?

First transfer your phone to Plusnet. I understand that there is a 10 day cooling off period so give them  up to 14 days to confirm that you can keep your number. To be honest if it's always been a BT line I can't see there being a problem, but you never know!

Anyway once that's sorted upgrade to fibre on a new order.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry for any confusion caused.

There shouldn't be any issues with keeping the number as we are already providing broadband on it but I'm afraid I can't give a 100% gurantee that nothing will go wrong

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ty1
Hooked

Thanks for your response.

I will be happier if Plusnet can extend the cancellation period until it can be confirmed if the existing number can be kept or not before committing to a 18 month contract. Any chance of extending the cancellation period?
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @ty1

As it is extremely unlikely that the number is unable to be retained unless the order is placed incorrectly, I would be happy for you to cancel without any early termination fees if the number is lost. I will escalate the ticket to my team so we can monitor the broadband order and place the phone order as soon as possible.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
ty1
Hooked

Fix
Fantastic! Thanks very much Jubby