cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Staff help

elkieluca
Grafter

Need Staff help

I don't know if this is the right forum but I have tried phoning Plusnet with this problem months ago and it is still ongoing.

I transferred my phone account from Talktalk to Plusnet in July 2010.  I was already getting my broadband from PL. Since then I have had numerous letters and phonecalls from Talktalk saying I owe money for my phone line from July to now as PL have not let them know I have changed to them. They even got a debt company to write me a somewhat threatening letter to pay them. Who I phoned and told them the story so they said they would look into it more.
I have paid what I owed them for the June'10 bill and have since sent them a copy of my bank statement proving this as they had lost the original proof. They have asked for me to get PL to send them verification that I have changed to them which I asked on the phone but was told that they don't do that.
I am a 70 year old woman and maybe once I could have coped with this stress but its now making me feel ill. By the way I have phoned them so many times and had to hang on so long for the person to tell me not to worry about it and to ignore the letters. Each phone call costs me about £2. as its not free with PL.
Please please can one of the Plusnet staff on here help me. I don't know how else to sort this out. My last letter from Talktalk was today saying I now owe £52  for line rental from July'10 to January'11 and that I should phone their customer service again! They must be aware that it costs a lot of money to phone.
Again please help me if you can.
Marion.
26 REPLIES 26
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Need Staff help

Hi there,
BT should notify them when we move the line over, and they only need to check their ordering systems in order to find out whether or not they own the line.
There's stories about this all over the web: http://www.financenews.co.uk/fnews/talktalk-warned-by-ofcom-to-stop-harassing-customers-for-non-exis...
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/8251812.I_don___t_owe_Talk_Talk_a_penny__so_their_bailiff...
It might be worth posting on the talk talk members forums as their reps on there actually seem fairly good, these can be found at http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/
Either way I'm afraid there's nothing we can do, though I can confirm that the broadband was activated with us on the 12th Jan (migration order placed on the 5th Jan) and the phone line order was placed on the 14th July and completed on the 29th July.
I hope that helps, and good luck.
elkieluca
Grafter

Thanks for the answer but the Broadband was upgraded this January it was activated the year before in January.
Can someone tell me the right way to contact Ofcom and complain about Talktalk.  I'm not sure how to go about it. Thanks.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Understood, though the day and month is still correct - I hope this doesn't mean that talktalk have been chasing you since last January!
elkieluca
Grafter

They have been chasing me since July '10 constantly. But after reading the links above I see it could even get worse.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Matt, I hate to be an interfering busybody but surely there is something that your BT Relationship Manager can do to get this lady the "Official" confitmation she need to prove the dates of migration of the Telephone Line.
elkieluca
Grafter

Oh thank you Wheel-nut  please interfere if it helps me. I am grateful for all input. Thats what they asked for was a letter of verification but PL on the phone said they don't do that.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

This looks very much like a good opportunity for some 'above and beyond the call of duty' kind of customer relations Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
elkieluca
Grafter

Thank you Strat, Can you do something to help. I feel a bit less stressed already after telling you all this.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'd be very surprised if they don't accept the email we sent you when the service was initially set up. If you've not got a copy of that any more, let us know and we'll see what we can do.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Strat
Community Veteran

@elkieluca
Unfortunately I am just the same as you...a customer that happens to be a moderator of this forum.
Matt, a Plusnet staff member has already posted in the thread so they are aware of the issue.
Hang in there and don't let the evil Talk Talk get you down Smiley
Edit: more PN staff input Smiley
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
elkieluca
Grafter

Thank you Chris, could you please let me have a copy of the email as I can't find it anymore. I will print it out and  post it to them as well as email it to them.
Strat
Community Veteran

Might be an idea to send the letter 'Recorded Signed For'.
elkieluca
Grafter

Yes I will send it recorded delivery. Then if they lose it again I will have proof.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'll forward the email on to you again and drop a letter in the post (on our letterhead paper).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.