cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number will change - No!

Flamwellman

My phone number will change - No!

I have just ordered BB and phone from Plusnet after deciding to move from BT.

I have just had an email from Plusnet giving me a new bloody phone number! Why? I have had this number for 33 years, through two house moves and several phone providers.

I have no wish to change my number and all the hassle this involves and I will cancel my order if this cannot be resolved.

I would contact C/S but they are closed at present. Why is this change required and can anything be done to stop it?
11 REPLIES 11
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: My phone number will change - No!

I'm wondering if when placing the order they've not been able to match the existing number against the address you've given and they think a new line is required. This can happen if the address held on the BT Wholesale database doesn't batch the way you've given it (and quite often it's the BT Wholesale database that is wrong!).

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Flamwellman

Spoke to CS yesterday and the agent who completed my order was suffering from dyslexica as, despite being repeated to them on at least 4 occsssions, the number he entered bore no resemblance to my phone number! Should all be sorted now. (Hopefully!)
jelv
Seasoned Hero

So it was a miss-match, but not in the way I expected!

So that we can advise anyone experiencing similar in the future, at this stage of your account being set up, can you access https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0 and see the telephone number?

If so what we need to do is tell people to go there and check the details.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @Flamwellman

Sorry to hear of this, happy to see that we've arranged for the transfer to take place to retain your original number.

If you have any further problems please feel free to let me know.

@jelv wrote:

So it was a miss-match, but not in the way I expected!

So that we can advise anyone experiencing similar in the future, at this stage of your account being set up, can you access https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0 and see the telephone number?

If so what we need to do is tell people to go there and check the details.

The CLI of the circuit would usually only appear on the customer's account page once the line has been provided/the order completes.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Would the number appear on any tickets?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Aye. When the phone order reaches a committed stage they should receive an automated service notice to advise of the phone order in progress and of their number.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jelv
Seasoned Hero

What about a record of the phone number the customer gave them when placing the order with Plusnet (before the order is committed) - is that visible? (That's what went wrong in this case)

NSCOFFIELD
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Had the same problem myself , had to cancel order to get them to listen. They are obliged to port over your existing number. Ofcom site handy for this info.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@jelv wrote:

What about a record of the phone number the customer gave them when placing the order with Plusnet (before the order is committed) - is that visible? (That's what went wrong in this case)

Looks like there was a typo on the number that was entered in to the contact number field. But no number was entered in to the field for retaining a telephone number.

I've made sure feedback has been sent over to the advisors manager.

I've also now placed the correct orders retaining the number.

@Flamwellman Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero

@NSCOFFIELD

Your issues are not the same as the issue being discussed in this topic.

BTW: Are you going to set up your avatar correctly. You've tried to hotlink to an image on pixabay, but if you'd bothered to read all the FAQs (link) on there you would have read:

NO HOTLINKING - what does that mean?

If you want to show Pixabay images on your website, please upload them to your server. Pixabay image URLs don't work on external sites.
You need to download the image from there and then use the upload an avatar option on here.
NSCOFFIELD
Grafter
Fixes: 1

You have no idea what my issues are.