cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone line is dead!!!!

DeathCubeK
Grafter

My phone line is dead!!!!

Hello, we have two phone lines in our house, one is set up already with plusnet broadband, username "<removed>"
We recently ordered broadband and a phone line to be set up on the second unused phone line with the username "<removed>l"
We specifically asked for plusnet not to touch the phone line currently in use (<removed>) and to just reconnect the line that wasn't being used. But today our phone has stopped working. It has no dial tone, nothing!
I am now worried the BT engineer has messed with the line <removed>
Due to not being able to phone your helpline directly I would like this matter dealt with immediately.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  Phone numbers and usernames removed but I have copied the whole post onto the hidden board where staff can see it but not Google etc.]
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: My phone line is dead!!!!

You should not quote your phone number, you are asking for trouble doing that
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It is unlikely that this will be picked up until Monday - if you have a mobile you could phone them using this number which wouldn't cost the earth 0114 296 5198
DeathCubeK
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
You should not quote your phone number, you are asking for trouble doing that

I didn't think, but thanks for the advice, could a mod please censor my number please.

Quote from: Oldjim
It is unlikely that this will be picked up until Monday - if you have a mobile you could phone them using this number which wouldn't cost the earth 0114 296 5198

That is not good, hopefully my broadband won't be affected.
I have NEVER had a problem with Plusnet, it would be a shame to ruin that perfect record.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about the late reply. Both lines are currently showing as active which means our order on the second line had no direct influence on your existing line.
It's quite possible that there was an indirect effect, e.g. the engineer pulled out the wrong cable but this needs to be treated as a telephone fault by your telephone provider. I can see that this was raised on the 7th so hopefully you'll be back up and running soon.