cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone does not ring

spitfiresteve

My phone does not ring

I think a few people have had this problem but since changing from BT to Plusnet my phones do not ring. I have tried using the bt test socket and still no ring even though the phone lights up! Any answers out there.

6 REPLIES 6
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: My phone does not ring

Hi @spitfiresteve,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had no dial tone on your phones since moving over to us. I've tested your line from this side but unfortunately the test isn't picking up the cause of this problem.

You can troubleshoot and report phone issues here, please let us know when you've reported it and we'll then be able to look into this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
spitfiresteve

Hi Emily

I have tried all the options and do have a dialing tone when making a call but no ring when receiving a call.

Can I report this here?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Thank you for running through the troubleshooting checks. We can certainly look into this further for you from this side, however we're unable to raise it as a fault from here. Please can you report a fault through the phone line checker here and let us know when you've completed it - this will then allow us to progress this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
spitfiresteve

I have tried the link and the line was checked and reported ok but still no ring! And cannot see where to report this!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,

I've just added a ticket to your account so we can progress the fault. Here's a direct link, let me know here when you've replied to it.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@spitfiresteve wrote:

I have tried all the options and do have a dialling tone when making a call but no ring when receiving a call.

Can you dial out?

This has all of the hallmarks of you having some one else's phone line.  If you dial 17070 does it report the number you expect?

Is your broadband working OK?  Is it FTTC?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.