Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone does not audibly ring

armageus
Grafter

My phone does not audibly ring

My phone does not ring.
I can see callerID being signalled, but no audible ring. Tested with 2 different phones (1 cordless, 1 corded), both phones ring correctly when tested on a different phone line.

I have removed all devices and tested the phone in the TEST socket and still no ring.

Everything else works correctly (can make and answer calls - if you know they are ringing), and no issues with my broadband.

I've tried the phone troubleshooter, but that just returns a "results are unclear", and I can see no way of actually reporting a fault online.

Thanks,

Armageus

3 REPLIES 3
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: My phone does not audibly ring

Hi @armageus

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your ring tone. As you've tried this with multiple phones, I've now raised this with Openreach. My line tests too are not able to find the route cause of the problems.

I've raised a fault ticket on your account for our Technical Support Team to monitor, you'll be able to view and add comments to this here

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
armageus
Grafter

Thanks Adam, appreciate the response

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

No problem at all, I've just popped back into the account and can confirm that Openreach have identified a fault at the exchange. This is affecting a few other customers in the local area, and is being caused by an issue with the MDF equipment.

We've been advised that the matter should be fully resolved by 27/07/2021.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds