cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone also down

herojan
Grafter

My phone also down

My phone line also went dead sometime this afternoon as well.
plugged a different phone into just the socket and still no dial tone.
My internet was fine, but now has reconnected very slowly with a high line attenuation.
I've raised a ticket, but it says the average response time is 55 hours!  Shocked

8 REPLIES 8
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: My phone also down

Yes, the ticket system is under severe strain at present.  You really ought to try the test socket (behind the faceplate) next just to make sure your problem is not internal.  Then beg the use a phone and call Plusnet.  You may have to wait a long time for the call to be answered but you'll save yourself 50 hours or so.
herojan
Grafter

I will try the test socket tomorrow morning.
I did have normal internet for about 20 minutes after I  noticed the lack of dial tone. Then my router resynced and the speed went bad.
They need to sort out the response times of support. Why should I pay for a service that is not working? The quicker it is fixed is better for me and plusnet.
herojan
Grafter

tried the test socket, still no dial tone.
A BT Openworld engineer was working on my local cabinet yesterday afternoon. After speaking to neighbours it is well known that the wires in the cabinets in this area are brittle. This wouldn't be the first time that an engineer has gone to fix somebody phone and accidently taken out somebody else phone because a wire broke. BT refuse to do anything about it.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Herojan,
Welcome to the forums.  By the sounds of things one side of the phone line pair has disconnected.  Though this will kill the phone, you can still get degraded broadband.
You need PlusNET action on this, but there is no PlusNET staff present on the forums during the weekend.  The best time to phone is late at night / very early morning.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

herojan
Grafter

thanks
I phoned first thing this morning and spoke to a helpful gentlemen who confirm a fault and raised it to BT.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi herojan,
Sorry to hear you're having problems with your phone line.
Glad to hear you were able to get through yesterday to get this raised.
The estimated resolution time for the fault is set at 20/08/14 23:59:59. Our Faults team will check back on this after this time and follow up with you.
herojan
Grafter

hi
my phone came back online this afternoon.  Grin
However, while my broadband sync speed is 17M, my data speed is only 1.5M   Sad  due to a weekend of having a bad line I would imagine.
I've updated the ticket to say this and ask plusnet if it can reset this limit. I understand correctly, this should happen naturally after a few days, but at the moment I cannot watch NOW TV and I have a True Blood episode to watch  Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi herojan,
Glad to hear the phone fault has been resolved.
As the phone fault was only resolved yesterday and your broadband has been re-connected for less than 24 hours I'd advise giving it another 24 hours to see if the line will pick itself back up again. I appreciate it's not ideal to have the drop in speed, however, it would be better to leave DLM to pick this back up. Let us know how the next 24 hours go and we'll check back on it for you if it's not improved.