cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My landline number and postcode don't match

Myr4
Hooked

My landline number and postcode don't match

Ok, so my landline number and postcode don't match and it seems this is causing a big problem now that I wish to switch provider and keep my current number.

The new provider is saying they will allocate a new number. I don't want a new number! My line is currently active with Plusnet. My contract ends on 10th December so I'm running out of time as well and nobody seems to be able to help!

I've made multiple calls back and forth. I suspect it's an issue which openreach may be able to solve but they can't be contacted directly. Only providers can contact them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: My landline number and postcode don't match

Hi @Myr4

Thank you for your time on the telephone today it has been a pleasure. 

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues with importing your number to NOWTV. This appears to be a range holder issue as the original owner is TalkTalk. If the number is registered to a different address, this can stop importation but isn't caused by Plusnet. 

I have provided a breakdown of how to fix this issue here I hope this helps and should you require further assistance, please feel free to give us a shout. 

Kind Regards

Myr4
Hooked

Many thanks @OllieC for getting in touch this morning. It was great to finally speak to someone who was able to shed some light on the matter!

I've spoken to NowTV and they've said to leave it with them. I'll update this post once everything is hopefully sorted.
Many thanks again 👍
Myr4
Hooked

Hi @OllieC

Apologies in advance.

NowTv haven't got back to me this morning as they said they would.
In the meantime, I've tried to place the order on the old address, (the address which the number was originally allocated to - which is number 7) and it went through without a hitch! I obviously didn't confirm the order.

I called Talktalk and initially they said they couldn't help but I kept on insisting they were the only ones who could solve this problem. The advisor asked for an account number, got into the account and checked the address which is number 4 (our current and permanent address).
So basically, she couldn't change anything on there. I explained it needed to be changed on their 'back office' systems. She couldn't help any further and that was that.

The funny thing is, I was with Talktalk two years ago, after that we switched to Sky then we switched to Plusnet. We never had any issues switching to Sky or Plusnet. I wonder if you could shed any light on why it's become an issue now?

Any further advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks again.