cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My elderly mother without a phone for 8 days because of Plusnet

Gavrs250
Hooked

My elderly mother without a phone for 8 days because of Plusnet

Switching my 81yr old Mother's landline to Plusnet and adding broadband, old supplier ceased on due date. No landline all day,next day same - no Comms from Plusnet for reason.
After spending ages in phone queue, got told it was error on Plusnet side. Having to wait 8 days for connection now, my Mother is frail and has her emergency pendant telecaller which is now as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Now using a pay as u go mobile to communicate, but very worried if she falls the safety net of the pendant is gone.
It's a automated process to switch the landline over, but it still takes 8 days?Huh

Apologetic words from the call centre don't cut it, my disgust of Plusnet will be told to numerous friends and family.
11 REPLIES 11
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: My elderly mother without a phone for 8 days because of Plusnet

Really sorry to see how this has been handled @Gavrs250 and thanks for the post.

I picked this up earlier on the back of your message via Twitter and I raised an emergency welfare case with Openreach. I've just spoken with their welfare team now and they're getting the phone line activated asap which will be tomorrow.

I'm in the office this weekend so I plan to monitor this and I'll follow things up with you tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gavrs250
Hooked

Thanks for the reply, fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I've just had confirmation from Openreach that the line should reactivate today actually.

I'll check first thing tomorrow morning for you

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Gavrs250

I'm happy to confirm your mother's line's been reactivated and I've asked Openreach to activate the broadband asap although it doesn't look like we've yet dispatched the router so I've chased that up and the router should be in the post soon.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gavrs250
Hooked

Yes it is, thanks alot. She's relived that her emergency pendant is available if she falls.👍
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah that's really good to see and I'm sorry again that these steps weren't taken sooner. Sad I'll make sure some feedback's passed on as this could've been handled a lot better when we were made aware of the situation earlier in the week.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Gavrs250

I just wanted to check that your mother's received her router and can get online as the broadband order's completed.

Let me know how it goes and if there are any issues at all.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gavrs250
Hooked

Hi,
No router as of yet, hopefully this week.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the post back @Gavrs250

Ah the router was dispatched yesterday morning so fingers crossed it'll arrive this week

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gavrs250
Hooked

All good, router in and working, thanks very much
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation @Gavrs250

I'm really sorry again the transfer wasn't smooth and the worry we caused by the downtime your mother's had with her services.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet