cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My caller display has stopped working, any advice please?

TheFlyingMouse
Grafter

Re: My caller display has stopped working, any advice please?

Hello, Please if I may, I have read all the posts on this subject, my caller display is not working either. I have noted the instructions and carried out the tests as explained, to no avail. Have I to raise a ticket for myself?, or may I "tag on" to this particular posting.
Thank you,
regards,
TheFlyingMouse.
jimbo121
Dabbler

I was sick of all the unsolicited calls and I do not want them to start again.====This is what is now happening with me, caller display is crucial if you want control over who gets thru to you, Openreach actually said several weeks ago I had never had Caller ID on my line EErrr yes I have and I have had it for several years  which PN confirmed, I can not wait for my next 'positive update', hope at least you are making positive progress, Regards jimbo
kmw350
Rising Star

Quote from: TheFlyingMouse
Have I to raise a ticket for myself?, or may I "tag on" to this particular posting.

Hi Flying mouse, you should definitely raise your own support ticket as that is the formal way to report the issue, and make a new post for your problem, so that PlusNet can distinguish between the two, thanks Smiley
kmw350
Rising Star

Hi PlusNet,
I don't wish to complain, but it's getting frustrating to see others getting replied to and updated regarding their caller display problems, while I am getting nothing. Have you given up on mine?
I am now getting the blasted ppi calls starting again. I cannot understand this. It worked fine since joining you in 2010, but two months ago it stopped working.
What are the prospects of it actually being mended please?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: kmw350
What are the prospects of it actually being mended please?

Probably depends on when you move your phone service to a supplier that actually has the resources to properly address such issues!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kmw350
Rising Star

Eh?
Sorry, I don't understand your reply - are you saying PlusNet is unable to commit resources to fixing my problem? So far, I have never been told that & hope it is not the case.
I am at a loss here.
It is a £1 per month service - is this because it is seen as worthless & therefore not worth fixing, or is it because it is simple to supply? Surely it is supposed to be the latter. So why is it so difficult to fix? Can nobody give a straight explanation? Can it really be such a black art?
(And finally, sorry if I misunderstood but is your response suggesting that I should be changing my supplier?)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm saying your only hope is one of the CRT spending time time and effort investigating and they are totally run ragged as witnessed by their significantly reduced presence on these and other forums.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kmw350
Rising Star

No response PlusNet?
Please can someone confirm that my caller display fault is still being investigated, and what are the prospects of it being mended?
I have not heard anything now for three weeks, and I would appreciate an update.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this is still not working.
We have been working with our suppliers on getting this fixed but at the moment it's not a easy or quick fix.
I'm due to hear something in the next 24 hours.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jimbo121
Dabbler

Hi Kmw, 6 weeks later I have finally got my caller ID sorted this AM, faulty equipment in the local exchange, now able to programme my new BT8500 and sort these scammers out, just had a count up and 16 scam calls in 9 days I would love to meet these [Censored] on a dark night, Regards jim.
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) Avoidance of swear filter edited as per forum rule.
kmw350
Rising Star

Pleased to hear it Jimbo, mine is still out and the nuisance calls have started, so I hope it is fixed soon Sad
Thanks for the update Matthew, please don't give up on this fault, I really want it back to how it was, those unsolicited calls drive me round the bend Sad
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

A engineer cleared the fault yesterday.
Any chance it's working?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
kmw350
Rising Star

No Matthew, it is still not working here Sad
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

As a (pre-Openreach) BT engineer (retired) I'm appalled that this problem has not been resolved after all this time.
@  kmw350  The facility works by sending a voice band data signal from the exchange to the customer, just before the ringing current is applied. With a test telephone on 'high impedance monitor' (a 'butt' in the trade), an engineer would easily identify whether that signal was being sent, or not.
Have you had any indication from Plusnet, or a visiting engineer, whether that signal is actually being sent out?
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
kmw350
Rising Star

Hi Force-E, thanks for the interest, no I have no idea if this has been tried.
If I do the #234#, a message tells me that 'caller ID will be displayed', so something somewhere thinks that it is still working, but it simply is not. (I've tried three phones, all of which worked before).
When the BT engineer visited, I'm sorry to say that he described caller ID as a bit of a black art, and felt that not much could be done about it. He 'tested the line' from my master socket and said that it is all ok &  that the fault must be with the provider. I may be wrong, but I got the impression they then shoved it back to PlusNet without trying anything else.
My gut tells me it is a local exchange problem but what do I know?
I would gladly pay you to come out of retirement for a day and go and fix it for me lol