cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My brain hurts

justin
Dabbler

My brain hurts

I'm currently with bt option 1. My bill is mainly made up of calls made by my wife to my mobile. About £60 a quarter. We make very few landline to landline calls. So is there a better package out there for me ????Huh
I've looked on the comparison sites (uswitch etc) and they all give conflicting information. The PN Home Phone deal looks on the face of it to not offer me any advantage.......
Any advice anyone ?
Ta !
5 REPLIES 5
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: My brain hurts

The best option may be to both use a mobile on the same network that provide free or discounted calls between nominated numbers.
I believe O2  offer free calls to other O2 mobiles, but of course you do need to be on a contract which may cost as much as you spend with BT...
Or you can arrange to be called but not answer then ring back using the mobiles "free minutes".
justin
Dabbler

Good points thanks. I forgot to mention that my home has extremly poor mobile coverage on all networks. Otherwise my wife would use the free minutes on her mobile phone.
Perhaps I should just move house ????Huh
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

What about broadband services?
I think there are cheap online texting services - she could text you with whatever the question is and you phone back? But then a quick "ring me back" call would probably only cost the same.
Not sure about Skype - could that help?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Assume you are already your own 'best friend' on friends and family? Also have you had a look at Mobile Saver Add-on on your bt bill to see if you could save any extra?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Be3G
Grafter

Expanding upon HPsauce's suggestion, you could also consider using PlusNet's Broadband Phone offering. I used it a few times last year to call a friend's mobile in Russia (it was an actual Russian mobile number, not a UK one roaming) - BT's charge would have been over 50p/minute IIRC, but using Broadband Phone I only paid 5p/min.