cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Plusnet Order and 3 months in - not amused at all

Avit

My Plusnet Order and 3 months in - not amused at all

Warning for web ordering ! when pre paying advance line rental !!!
Having used the website to order  Plusnet Fibre Extra + Evening and weekend  - at the 9 months reduced 12.50  - line rental paid in advance  all ok , install , live date , service , speed , all very good  - then my bills came in£ 24 , £39 and now £38  -  having spoken to Plusnet today , I understand that i have had to agree an extra £ 1.50 per month  - WHY -  well when o ordered via web - selected the above package , and opted to pay my advance line rental ,  apparently because ( un be-known to me ) i opted the cheapest in advance line rental fee ( and i don't recall being presented with 2 fees ? )  this effective removed the " inc call package " from my package - YET  the web allowed my order to process !  So to catch up , regardless i have spent £ 40 on call charges , i know have to pay an additional £ 1.50 per month have the calls evening and weeekend included !
I should have stayed with Talk Talk and really regretting my decision now - especially as , although its not my fault,  and  Ben ( customer services  ) agreed  , there is nothing i can do , other than accept it or pay £ 87  to terminate the contract !
Really not happy  - as all the savings i thought i have made  i have lost  6 months worth nearly in the additional call charges !
27 REPLIES 27
Avit

Re: My Plusnet Order and 3 months in - not amused at all

Just wondered if anyone else had had this happen and if I can escalate ?  The more I think about it the more annoying it gets
And now package has changed no external calls until it kicks in on 14th august
Anyone - any advice comments as I am fairly new to plusnet
picbits
Rising Star

Hang tight and hopefully a member of the DCT will pick this up when they spot it.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Avit,
Sorry for the confusion this has caused.
I've had a look at your account and we did send you a confirmation email of your package details which stated "Plusnet Line Only". Plusnet Line only does not include any call plan as stated here: http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html#line_rental_saver
I can only apologise if this wasn't very clear when you signed up, however, I've had a look through your call history though and can see that many of the calls that have been made have been outside of the Evening and Weekends times. Please bear in mind that when your call plan changes to Evening and Weekends you will still be charged for any calls made on weekdays between 7am - 7pm.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Avit
Warning for web ordering ! when pre paying advance line rental !!!
Having used the website to order  Plusnet Fibre Extra + Evening and weekend  - at the 9 months reduced 12.50  - line rental paid in advance  all ok , ...................  well when o ordered via web - selected the above package , and opted to pay my advance line rental ,  apparently because ( un be-known to me ) i opted the cheapest in advance line rental fee ( and i don't recall being presented with 2 fees ? )  this effective removed the " inc call package " from my package - YET  the web allowed my order to process !  So to catch up , regardless i have spent £ 40 on call charges , i know have to pay an additional £ 1.50 per month have the calls evening and weeekend included ! ........

Linn, has, or is, this "journey" being looked at to ensure it cannot mislead customers in future?
Avit

Linn, thank you for looking into this for me , and ok I accept , some of the call were outside plus nets evening and weekend , and I am not disputing or trying to avoid payment of these ,  may main, issue was the we allowed me to process and unlimited fibre package  at the right cost , but allow me to also pay for the in advance Milne rental , which then voided my package I selected ,  yet still billed for !  If I am in correct , I am sorry , but I thought plusnet fibre unlimited broadband only  was 22.50 per month , but I was on a package and correctly paying 12.50 with the first few months discounted  as it was 22.50 ?  So plusnet knew I wanted the unlimited fibre with evening and weekend otherwise you would charge me different package price .
anotherone , thank you for your Input , i do wish I stayed with talk talk ,  no issues in 4 yeas , and waiting over 18 months for the fibre cabinet to come live I opted to plusnet .... I was to say the lest excited to go from max line 1.6 to 78 ...
Oh well you live and learn
Regards and thanks
Anotherone
Champion

Hi Avit,
I'd hope in the longer term you won't regret your move. Occasionally things go whatsit up, but they usually get rectified to most people's satisfaction. They are struggling with coping with CSC calls at the moment.
@Linn
Are you on holiday? If you could look at my reply #4 if not.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

... and someone else just as confused here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130455.msg1136590.html#msg1136590.
I must admit I think this is just plain wrong , either E & W calls is included in the Fibre BB package or it isn't!. It shouldn't depend on whether you pay your Line Rental in advance or not...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

petecov44
Grafter

Good point. I have unlimited fibre and I got weekend calls which means I get shafted
con con con
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Avit,
When signing up for fibre Unlimited and taking Line Rental Saver, this does come with line only as standard. I've added a screenshot of what you would have seen(albeit different prices) when you signed up.

We also sent confirmation of of this to you when you signed up that you would only receive the line rental.

You can change your call package to once you're active. We've now enabled it so you can choose certain call packages when you sign up and choose line rental saver(not Evenings and weekends though)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I appreciate that Chris but in reality, when you have a Fibre package with E & W/e calls it makes the Line Rental option non-economic. By the time you've added the E & W package ( £1.50 or is it £2.00 ? ) back to the £12.99/month cost of the line rental you've lost almost all of the saving for paying in advance. Also the FAQ referred to here http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.shtml#callPlans , whilst it mentions losing Weekends only does not mention losing E & W when taking LRS.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

Thanks for the screen shot Chris, that helps to highlight the points.
Bearing in mind what MistertW has said, it's not at all obvious that's where people stand when working through the signup process.
I really don't see why the 2nd part of the image isn't referenced in the first part by a "see the Call Plan details below" message in it's body.
I suggest this because presumably the LRS price will be different depending on the current line rental package or current LRS (which is dependant on sign up date), and the Call Plan will be different accordingly.
The order of the Information should be changed as well.
1st      Line Rental Saver provides 12 months .......... will be billed each month, see Call Plan below.
           After this, Line Rental Saver can be renewed .............
2nd     Call Plan    (this should contain the relevant information for the current LRS or Rental package)
            (For new customers.......shown as above but the word "not" should be bolded)
3rd    The price boxes (appropriate to the current/selected package) with the radio buttons.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

May be the right answer here is not to associate the call plan with the broadband product title, as the call plan cost is not actually associated with the broadband cost, but rather the line rental options.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

May be the right answer here is not to associate the call plan with the broadband product title
Exactly!. But all the headline information on the packages indicate that it is!. It would appear that PN has tried to package in similar manner to the other suppliers who tend to include a call package in the BB cost. As far as I can see their Line rental options do not affect the call package.

Avit

Quote from: MisterW
I appreciate that Chris but in reality, when you have a Fibre package with E & W/e calls it makes the Line Rental option non-economic. By the time you've added the E & W package ( £1.50 or is it £2.00 ? ) back to the £12.99/month cost of the line rental you've lost almost all of the saving for paying in advance. Also the FAQ referred to here http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.shtml#callPlans , whilst it mentions losing Weekends only does not mention losing E & W when taking LRS.

Mr W, thank you , exactly my point , i am paying the right price on the package, so i automatically assumed that E & W  calls were included , so why,when i selected the option of Fibre unlimited 78mb with E&W , and proceed with order  would you then be given an option to pay line rental in advance that effectively removes any savings  and E & W ,  had i of read that actually screen properly , and yes i am being honest  i glazed over the wording ( plusnet good honest Customers as well ! )  to what  IS actually included on the line saver option i would not have selecetd that option , and not paid plusnet in advance , after all money is better in my account that 10000 customers paying in advance and plusnet having interest on customers money .
It still grates on me , and  despite the customer representative being sympathetic when i originally called up , there was nothing he could do or escalate my problem, as he told me if you are paying for something you are not getting then it can be escalated,  but  as i technically wasn't paying for E & W  calls  i was getting the service i was paying for ...

i am glad its not just me at least , which shows its maybe the wording and fact that you can happily select the package you want , and then during the sign up process , you are given clever worded options that can remove elements of your package by things as simple as a misguided dot ...  when i selected the Line Saver in advance  maybe  warning  / confirmation box should be present , warning you by selecting this option , it removes your package contents !
Anyway .. looks like i have to accept  what i have and be gratefull !  Grin
Again thanks to MisterW