Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to John Lewis

FIXED
RM1
Grafter

Moving to John Lewis

LRS+broadband offer coming to an end in 3 weeks with PN and the offer from live chat was so poor that once everything is taken into account it would be cheaper for me to move to John Lewis (which is provided by Plusnet) and get cashback.

I believe an early termination fee of £2.41/month is payable if the transfer occurs before the contract end date?

Was just wondering when the best time for me to put the new order in would be?

Will a new router be required (I know a lot are locked to that specific ISP, Plusnet in this case)?

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Moving to John Lewis

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving us.

If you start the transfer 14 days or more before your contract end date, you should avoid any early termination fees. Your Plusnet router should work with John Lewis Broadband too.

If you like we can arrange a call back from our sales team as I'm sure we'll be able to offer you a good deal?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RM1
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Anoush. I assume you mean within 14 days of the contract end date?

I guess this then accounts for any cooling off period.

I will probably call shortly anyway - have a feeling the live chat person was having a bad day or perhaps the best deals are dished out on the phone. That will be the last opportunity though, this broadband switcheroo game gets a bit tiresome!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for the reply Anoush. I assume you mean within 14 days of the contract end date?

I guess this then accounts for any cooling off period.

That's right, as a transfer between providers can take 10 working days/generally 14 days.

I will probably call shortly anyway - have a feeling the live chat person was having a bad day or perhaps the best deals are dished out on the phone. That will be the last opportunity though, this broadband switcheroo game gets a bit tiresome!

No worries, keep us posted! The offer of a call back is still here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RM1
Grafter

OK will PM you if I take up that offer Smiley

Marking as resolved.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all.

All the best whichever path you choose.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet