cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Full Plusnet...

Tonto

Moving to Full Plusnet...

Please tell me, stage by stage, what happens next if I, as a satisfied Plusnet Broadband customer decide to move from BT  telephone service to Plusnet telephone service?
I have no complaints regarding BT...other than the monthly line rental...we do not make that many landline calls, however I would not wish to be without it.
Your guidance will be most valuable.
Tinto,
Companion of the Grown Stranger...
5 REPLIES 5
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Moving to Full Plusnet...

I started this process on 2 Nov, and had a confirmation email later the same day, saying that the order was placed, and would take about 10 working days. Next day a second email gave the start date as 17 Nov.
It's fairly painless  Wink  Start at the PN home page and follow the 'Find out more' link in the green box - there are options to add Homephone to an existing broadband account. Good luck.  Smiley
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Tonto

4C - Thanks, however by your text it would appear that you have not been reconnected yet?
smiffyb36
Grafter

You don't get disconnected and reconnected as such, the line is transferred so you wouldn't be reconnected, the service just switches over on the confirmed date with your BT line staying active right up until switch over.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Aye, as smiffy says, it's not a case of being disconnected by BT and then waiting for PN. I shall have service from BT up until the switch on 17th.
The full FAQ is here - http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home_phone/phone_faq.shtml#lineAvailability
8. Will my line be available during the transfer?
The transfer process is usually seamless, but in some cases your line can be unavailable for up to 30 minutes.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

one bad proviso is that if you are on TT LLU (Thats a form of swear word around here - sorry)they will disconnect and scrub you phone so you have lost the number when they get a sniff of you moving, they should not do that